Price boost launched ahead of Cheltenham Festival betting by BetVictor12th March 2016 / lee
In a timely move, online betting site BetVictor have launched a brand new feature which means that odds-on favourites are “a thing of the past”.
This new sports betting feature at BetVictor means that punters can now go and boost the price on a selection in horse racing betting, the operator saying that it will remove unattractive short priced favourites.
Of course, this doesn’t mean that you get carte blanche to just go and pick your own prices on any horse that you want. You aren’t going to get Douvan at 4/1 to win the Arkle for example just like that. Through the BetVictor Lengthen the Odds feature, punters can choose what price they want to back a horse at with each price increment requiring that horse to win by a greater distance.
So for example, a horse priced at 11/10 can be backed at the increased price of 6/4 but must be first past the post by at least two lengths in order for the customer to collect, with bigger prizes on offer for larger margins of victory.
BetVictor said the functionality, which is available on all UK races, meant odds-on favourites were now “a thing of the past”, while the product was also likely to boost turnover in otherwise uncompetitive betting heats.
Eoin Ryan, BetVictor head of sportsbook product, said the innovation reflected the operator’s dedication to providing customers with an “intuitive betting experience”.
“We have a number of new product improvements in the pipeline but are really excited by the potential of Lengthen The Odds; there will never be another odds-on favourite at BetVictor,” Ryan said.
This is a hugely innovate new approach to horse racing betting and it will be hugely popular. BetVictor have also signed a three-year deal to sponsor the feature race at Cheltenham’s The Open meeting in November.
The BetVictor Gold Cup, which sees the operator replace long-term sponsor Paddy Power, is the firm’s first horseracing sponsorship deal since becoming an Authorised Betting Partner in February.
Mentioned offers may be restricted to new customers, T&C's apply. Older offers may be not valid anymore. See details directly at the bookmaker's website. 18+. Please Gamble Responsibly.
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Betvictor, Cheltenham, cheltenham festival, cheltenham festival 2016, horse racing