Zenit v Benfica Prediction & Betting Tips, 2nd October 201930th September 2019 / lee
Zenit v Benfica Champions League Preview, 2nd October 8.00pm
Zenit will have been happy with their point earned at Lyon on matchday one. That gives them a good foothold in Group G. Can they add a three-point haul to that? They host Benfica who had a major setback on matchday one as they lost their home fixture against RB Leipzig. Read our Zenit v Benfica betting tips for more.
Zenit v Benfica Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 28th, 2019 at 1:17 p.m.)
Zenit News and Form
Zenit earned a draw against Lyon on matchday one which leaves them with only one victory in their last six European games (D1 L4). They were on a six-match winning streak in St Petersburg as well before a loss against Villarreal in the round of sixteen in last season’s Europa League. They are a tough home side to knockdown.
In total, they have won 11 of their last 13 European home fixtures (D1 L1). Their overall Champions League group stage record on home soil is W7 D8 L3 which is impressive. This is their first appearance back in the competition since the 2015/16 season when they made it to the round of sixteen. They re-entered the Champions League this season after winning the Russian top flight for the first time since 2015.
Zenit v Benfica Head to Head
Things are even at three wins each from six previous meetings
All six previous games were in the Champions League
Zenit are W2 L1 at home against Benfica
Both teams have scored in two of the previous six meetings
Benfica News and Form
Benfica were rocked on matchday one as they suffered a home reverse against Leipzig. That has left them in a tough spot especially with such a difficult away game coming up here. Benfica have collected two wins in their last 14 Champions League group stage matches now (D1 L11). Last season they finished third in their group behind Bayern Munich and Ajax.
Benfica reached the quarterfinals of the Europa League last season. But they have lost 13 of their last 24 European fixtures now. They have been poor on their travels, the Portuguese side taking a W3 D2 L8 record in their last 13 away games. In Russia, they have lost five of their last six visits there, most recently visiting CSKA Moscow in 2017 and losing 2-0. Everything about this looks a tough game to try and pick themselves up.
Zenit v Benfica Tips & Odds
Who will win – Zenit v Benfica Predictions
Tough game to make heads or tails of. Benfica were disappointing in their home game against Seizing and there may be some hangover from that. Zenit will fancy their chances on home soil of making further advances in this group. Home win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Crystal Palace v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Tottenham v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leicester v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
Tags: Benfica, Benfica Champions League, Champions League, Champions League odds, Zenit, Zenit Champions League, Zenit v Benfica