Young Boys v Red Star Belgrade Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 201919th August 2019 / lee
Young Boys v Red Star Belgrade Champions League Preview, 21st August 8.00pm
These two met up in the 2004/05 Champions League qualification campaign and it was the Serbians who came out on top. So Swiss side Young Boys will be looking for a bit of revenge and they will know the importance of home soil here. Red Star haven’t won any of their last seven away games in Europe. Read our Young Boys v Red Star Belgrade betting tips for more.
Young Boys v Red Star Belgrade Betting Odds*
Young Boys 4/5
Red Star Belgrade 7/2
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 18th, 2019 7:27 p.m.)
Young Boys News and Form
Young Boys and Red Star both made their group stage debuts last season in the Champions League. Neither made it to the knockout stage. However, Young Boys did earn a notable win, as they beat Juventus 2-1 on matchday six. That saw them earn their first-ever win in a Champions League proper fixture. The Swiss side are starting their European campaign this season at this playoff stage.
They are the reigning champions of Switzerland and in their European campaign last season they beat Dinamo Zagreb in the playoffs. That was their first playoff success in four attempts. The wind that they took over Juventus last season was just their sixth in 24 Champions League matches (including qualifiers) for a W6 D4 L14 record. They are D2 L2 from four previous matches against Serbian opposition.
Young Boys v Red Star Belgrade Head to Head
The two met in the 04/05 qualifying
Red Star Belgrade won the previous tie 5-2 on aggregate
Red Star Belgrade News and Form
In their debut Champions League group stage campaign, Red Star Belgrade finished bottom, but they did to get a home win over eventual winners Liverpool. They won their domestic league title for the second season running to get another crack at the Champions League. Last season’s playoff was their first and they took a 2-2 aggregate away win in the tie over Salzburg.
Whereas Young Boys are just starting their European campaign this season, this will be the seventh match for Red Star. They beat Suduva 2-1 on aggregate in the first qualifying round, 3-2 on aggregate against HJK Helsinki and then a penalty shootout win over FC Copenhagen in the last round. So it’s been tight margins for them. This season in all competitions Red Star are W6 D3 L1. They have one clean sheet in their last five played. Red Star have won five of 13 previous matches against Swiss opposition, and just one of those were away.
Young Boys v Red Star Belgrade Tips & Odds
Who will win – Young Boys v Red Star Belgrade Predictions
We are going to go with the home win in this one because Red Star are not a form team away from home in Europe. So the Swiss hosts are the most likely of the two to produce a result at least.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Leeds v Derby Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st September 2019
- Rangers v Feyenoord Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Manchester United v Astana Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Southampton v Bournemouth Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th September 2019
- Wolves v Braga Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Rennes v Celtic Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Eintracht Frankfurt v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Dinamo Zagreb v Atalanta Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
- Bayern Munich v Red Star Belgrade Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
Tags: Champions League, Champions League odds, Red Star Belgrade, Red Star Belgrade Champions League, Young Boys, Young Boys Champions League, Young Boys v Red Star Belgrade