Woodgate early favourite in Next Middlesbrough Manager Betting17th May 2019 / lee
Former club defender Jonathan Woodgate is the new favourite to take over at Middlesbrough. Boro and Tony Pulis parted company this week after talks with the club didn’t go the way of the manager this week. Middlesbrough missed out on promotion after a seventh-place finish in the Championship, one spot outside of the playoffs.
Next Middlesbrough Manager Odds*
Jonathan Woodgate 11/10
Chris Hughton 3/1
Danny Cowley 8/1
Michael Reiziger 8/1
Aitor Karanka 10/1
Sol Campbell 16/1
Mikel Arteta 20/1
Nigel Pearson 25/1
Philip Neville 25/1
David Moyes 25/1
Steven Gerrard 33/1
Carlos Carvalhal 33/1
* (betting odds taken from William Hill on May 17th, 2019 at 5:04 pm)
The finished the season with the joint-best defensive record in the second tier, but they were the lowest scorers of all teams who finished in the top half of the table. They came up short in their playoff push despite them winning five of their last six games.
Pulis had been charge of the Teessiders since December 2017 and last season they knocked on the door of a return to the top flight but fell at the semi-final stage of the playoffs to Aston Villa. This was a crucial season for them financially.
Their parachute payments received by clubs for two years following relegation from the Premier League will now cease for the 2019/20 season.
So where do Boro turn next?
Former Real Madrid defender Jonathan Woodgate is the early 11/10 favourite with William Hill in Next Middlesbrough manager betting* (betting odds taken from William Hill on May 17th, 2019 at 5:04 pm). In that early market, it was Woodgate who was the most backed man by punters.
The man closest to him at the head of the early market is former Brighton man Chris Hughton, who has already been linked heavily with Celtic. Another of the names linked with Celtic, current England Women’s boss Phil Neville is a longer 25/1 shot* (betting odds taken from William Hill on May 17th, 2019 at 5:04 pm)
Aitor Karanka is at 10/1 to make a return to the Riverside with Michael Reiziger and Danny Cowley at 8/1* (betting odds taken from William Hill on May 17th, 2019 at 5:04 pm)
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Atletico Madrid v Getafe Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Wolves v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th August 2019
- Sheffield United v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Chelsea v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Reading v Cardiff Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Athletic Bilbao v Barcelona Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th August 2019
- Celta Vigo v Real Madrid Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th August 2019
- Sunderland v Portsmouth Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th August 2019
- Southampton v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th August 2019