Wolves v Crusaders Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th July 201923rd July 2019 / lee
Wolves v Crusaders Europa League Preview, 25th July 6.30pm
It is an early start for Wolves as their reward for their top seven finish in last season’s Premier League is a place in the Europa League qualifiers. Wolves have been out east playing in China for some pre-season action. They will be taking on Northern Ireland’s Crusaders for a place in the third qualifying round. Read our Wolves v Crusaders betting tips for more.
Wolves v Crusaders Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on July 21st, 2019 at 10:19 p.m.)
Wolves News and Form
Wolves have beaten Newcastle and Manchester City out in Asia ahead embarking on this European journey. They did field a young side against City though on Saturday. There’s not been a lot of pre-season market movement from Nuno Espirito Santo’s men. They have seen Helder Costa go to Leeds while Ivan Cavaleiro gets a return from his loan time with Fulham. This is a big deal for Wolves who haven’t played in Europe since the 1980/81 UEFA Cup first round.
Their overall record in the UEFA Cup/Europa League is P20 W13 D3 L4. But again, you are looking back into longer history for all of that action. Each of their last five European campaigns have now been in the UEFACup/Europa League. They are strong favourites to make the most of home advantage in the first leg of this second qualifying round tie.
Wolves v Crusaders Head to Head
This will be the first meeting between the two clubs
Crusaders News and Form
Northern Ireland’s crusader have already been to work in this season’s Europa League. They took a 5-2 aggregate win over B36 from the Faroe Islands in the first qualifying round. Crusaders had taken a 2-0 home win in the first leg, before grinding out a 3-2 away win after having been 2-0 up one point away from home. Crusaders have been in European Qualification in every season since the start of the 2009/10 season inclusive.
In none of those campaigns have they managed to get past the second qualifying round in either the Europa League or Champions League. They are W3 D1 L6 in their last ten European fixtures. Their win in the first qualifying round of this season’s campaign snapped a seven-match winless streak of away games in Europe (D2 L5). Crusaders have conceded at least two goals in five of their last six European road fixtures.
Wolves v Crusaders Tips & Odds
Who will win – Wolves v Crusaders Predictions
With all due respect to Crusaders, Wolves should be having an easy time of things in this one. There is the perfect setup here of them picking up a big win at home in the first leg and therefore being able to send out a second string for the return.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Fulham v Millwall Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Preston v Stoke Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- QPR v Swansea Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- West Brom v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Charlton v Nottingham Forest Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Leeds v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Cardiff v Huddersfield Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Celtic v AIK Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd August 2019
- Legia Warsaw v Rangers Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd August 2019