Wigan vs Swansea Prediction & Betting Tips, 2nd November 201931st October 2019 / lee
Wigan vs Swansea Championship Preview, 2nd November 12.30pm
Wigan have been a team with home form this season and so the importance of them delivering again at the DW Stadium is high. Will they be able to defend home turf against the visiting Swans? Swansea collected a win last weekend to move themselves up into fourth place in the table. Read our Wigan vs Swansea betting tips for more.
Wigan vs Swansea Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 30th, 2019 at 2:12 p.m.)
Wigan News and Form
The Latics earned a good point at Bristol City last weekend. Given the poor time of things that they have had on their travels, that was a bonus point. Wigan are W4 D1 L1 at the DW Stadium this season, and so that form has been keeping them out of the drop zone. They are on a three-match winning streak on home soil, each of those successes coming with a clean sheet as well. Wigan have not conceded in any of their last four at home.
Considering that all of their home wins have been against teams who are currently in the mid-table area, that’s been a good return for them and they should be competitive in this one against Swansea. It is just the four home goals in total that they have conceded in this campaign. Just one of their home fixtures have made it over 2.5 goals, Wigan banking a clean sheet in 67% of home games. Wigan have scored 71% of their home goals in the second half of games.
Wigan vs Swansea Head to Head
Both meetings last season ended in a draw
Wigan are winless in six league games against Swansea
Both teams have scored in three of the last ten meetings in all competitions
Swansea have scored at least two goals in four of their last five against Wigan
Swansea News and Form
Swansea picked up a victory over Cardiff last weekend which saw them snap a three-match winless streak of form that they had been on. That was just their second win in their last eight games (D3 L3) so their form hasn’t been that hot. Out on their Championship travels this season, Swansea are W3 D3 L0, two of those three wins happening at current top ten sides. With Wigan languishing down in the bottom half of the table, can Swansea strike?
The defence of Swansea on the road has been good. Very good. They have only conceded three goals in their six away games, with only two of those games going over 2.5 goals. So from a betting angle, this is likely to be a low scoring fixture. Five of the seven league wins that Swansea have earned this season have been by just one goal margin. The Swans have been level at half time in all but one of their away games this season.
Wigan vs Swansea Tips & Odds
Who will win – Wigan vs Swansea Predictions
The Latics have been delivering the goods on home soil and they dug out a valuable point away at Bristol City last weekend. Swansea haven’t quite been in their hottest form at all recent and there could be a decent opportunity for Wigan to strike. Home win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019