Wigan v Bristol City Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st September 201819th September 2018 / lee
Wigan v Bristol City Championship Preview, 21st September 7.45pm
Wigan have made a pretty decent return to the second tier of English football and they picked a good three points at home in midweek. Their defence will probably come under some pressure on Friday night as they face up to Bristol City. The Robins were on a big five-match winning streak before losing at West Brom in midweek. Read our Wigan v Bristol City betting tips for more.
Wigan v Bristol City Betting Odds*
Bristol City 11/5
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 18th, 2018 at 6:35 p.m.)
Wigan News and Form
After picking up a good midweek win at home over Hull, that took Wigan’s overall home form this season to W3 D1 in the Championship. That’s not bad at all for a newly promoted side and it suggests that they can hold their own in this one. We like the look of the draw in the match outright for this one, but we are going to look at the 5/1 odds appeal* (Betting Odds were taken from September 18th, 2018 at 6:35 p.m.) on the 1-1 correct score.
Wigan have scored at least two goals in three of their four home games this season which has been a great output from them and we feel that they can stick in there against a good Bristol City side. Will Grigg and Nick Powell are the joint-top-scorers for them this season with three goals each and the former is at 3/2 odds in the anytime goalscorer market* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 18th, 2018 at 6:35 p.m.).
Bristol City News and Form
Bristol City had put together a fantastic five-match winning streak, all without conceding a single goal. That form saw them shoot up the table. But it fell apart for them in midweek as they were taken out 4-2 at the Hawthorns against West Brom. So that will leave them to pick up the pieces a bit and sometimes it’s hard to bounce back immediately from setbacks like that. The one thing that it did at least do was continue their good scoring form. They have only failed to net in one league match this season.
Andreas Weimann has been in good scoring form for them lately but Famara Diedhiou was on the scoresheet for them in midweek and he is at 13/2 odds in the anytime goalscorer market* (Betting Odds were taken from September 18th, 2018 at 6:35 p.m.). Out on the road, this season Bristol City are now W2 D1 L2 and they have picked up a clean sheet in two of those. Considering they were on a five-match clean-sheet streak it was surprising that they collapsed so badly against the Baggies. Can they respond?
Wigan v Bristol City Head to Head
Bristol City banked back to back wins over Wigan the last time that they were together in the Championship. That was in the 2016/17 season. That is their only previous meetings in the Championship. There’s not a great deal of head to head history between them with Bristol City being 12-5 ahead with seven wins.
Who will win – Wigan v Bristol City Predictions
We are looking at the draw for our Wigan v Bristol City predictions and that is because the Latics have done so well on home soil this season. They will be taking on a City side who will be a little deflated after having had their winning streak snapped. Draw.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Nürnberg v Borussia Dortmund Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Huesca v Athletic Bilbao Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Doncaster v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Swansea v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Blackburn v Middlesbrough Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Bristol City v Wolves Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Chelsea v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Wigan Warriors v Sydney Roosters Winner Odds & Preview
- Sheffield United v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
Tags: Bristol City, Bristol City Championship, Championship, Championship odds, Wigan, Wigan Championship, Wigan v Bristol City