West Brom v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 201919th August 2019 / lee
West Brom v Reading Championship Preview, 21st August 8.00pm
West Brom have come out strongly this season with seven points from their three games played. That is more than double the amount that the Royals have managed to get on the board. After losing their first two games of the season, Reading took a positive result on the weekend. Will, that kick start their campaign? Read our West Brom v Reading betting tips for more.
West Brom v Reading Betting Odds*
West Brom 8/13
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 19th, 2019 at 5:22 p.m.)
West Brom News and Form
As expected, West Brom have looked strong this season. Their two wins in this campaign happened out on the road. Both were a 2-1 successes over Nottingham Forest and then Luton. In their one home game so far this season in the second tier, they played out a 1-1 draw will Millwall. So that’s both teams having scored in all three of their games.
The Baggies will be happy with their goal output, not so much their defence. Grady Diangana was the hero of the day for them with three goals in three minutes out at Luton on the weekend, which saw the Baggies recover from being 1-0 down at the break. West Brom were a good strong home team last season in the division posting a W12 D7 L4 record at the Hawthorns.
West Brom v Reading Head to Head
West Brom earned four points against Reading in last season’s Championship
The Baggies are W19 D10 L13 in the overall head to head against the Royals
Five of the last six meetings have ended in a home win
3 of the last 4 meetings at the Hawthorns have produced at least four goals
Reading News and Form
The Royals had their first taste of success in the new season with a 3-0 home win over Cardiff on the weekend. That was a thumping win for them, and a little surprising too after having suffered back to back defeats against Sheffield Wednesday and Hull. Not only a win but a clean sheet will have been a massive boost for them as well. Especially after having conceded five in their opening two games.
Can they follow it up with anything out of this tough away game? The Royals had a really difficult season in the 2018/19 campaign. They won only two away games (D11 L10) and averaged under a goal per game on their travels. With their loss out at Hull in their one road fixture this season, they need to find their away-touch quickly. Reading finished fifth from bottom in last season’s Championship.
West Brom v Reading Tips & Odds
Who will win – West Brom v Reading Predictions
The Baggies look in fine nick early on and at the Hawthorns, they should be winning games like this. Reading, as they have proven already, don’t look a particularly big threat. West Brom to win by we think it’s worth considering over 2.5 goals.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Aston Villa v West Ham Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th September 2019
- Watford v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Bournemouth v Everton Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Sheffield United v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Wolves v Chelsea Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Manchester United v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Tottenham v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Norwich v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Brighton v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
Tags: Championship, Championship odds, Reading, Reading championship, West Brom, West Brom Championship, West Brom v Reading