Watford v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th March 201915th March 2019 / lee
Watford v Crystal Palace FA Cup Preview, 16th March 12.15pm
This could well be a good old ding-dong battle of an FA Cup tie. Watford will be happy enough to have home advantage here, but they will know that they are facing a Crystal Palace side who have had a better time of things away from home this season. Read our Watford v Crystal Palace betting tips for more.
Watford v Crystal Palace Betting Odds*
Crystal Palace 21/10
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 14th, 2019 at 8:39 p.m.)
Watford News and Form
The Hornets aren’t in bad current form at the moment. They have won four of their last six played (L2). The two defeats in what sequence happened in away games at Liverpool and Manchester City, which is nothing to be overly concerned about. So they are shaping up well and they have lost just one of their last six at Vicarage Road as well. So far in this season’s FA Cup Watford have played all of their games away from home, winning at Woking, Newcastle and QPR without having conceded a single goal. Can they make the best of home advantage in this one?
Watford v Crystal Palace Head to Head
Watford won both league games this season 2-1 against Palace
Watford are unbeaten in three at home against Palace (W1 D2)
Palace are without a win in three games against the Hornets
Palace won the last FA Cup meeting, a semi-final in 2016
Crystal Palace News and Form
The Eagles have been shaping up much better in 2019 than they had been over the first half of the season. They have lost only two of their last nine games in all competitions. Those two defeats were at home as well. They have been a bigger threat in their away games than at home. They did take a home win over Spurs in the fourth round of the FA Cup. Palace are on a three-match winning streak away from home in all competitions, unbeaten in four. They have scored at least two goals in six of their last seven on the road as well. Their only loss in their last seven away games (W5 D1) was at Liverpool in the league. They have only one clean sheet in five away from home though.
Who will win – Watford v Crystal Palace Predictions
This should be a close contest but Watford may just be able to get across the finish line. We see them being pushed all the way but home advantage may just swing it. Watford to win in the match outright at 13/10 odds* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 14th, 2019 at 8:39 p.m.)
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Moldova v France Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd March 2019
- Sweden v Romania Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd March 2019
- Gibraltar v Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd March 2019
- Italy v Finland Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd March 2019
- Portugal v Ukraine Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd March 2019
- England v Czech Republic Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd March 2019
- Belgium v Russia Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st March 2019
- Austria v Poland Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st March 2019
- Northern Ireland v Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st March 2019
Tags: Crystal Palace, Crystal Palace FA Cup, FA Cup, FA Cup odds, Watford, Watford FA Cup, Watford v Crystal Palace