Wales v Uruguay Prediction & Betting Tips – 26th March 201825th March 2018 / lee
Wales v Uruguay International Friendly, 26th March
After a star-showing from Gareth Bale, Wales are through to the final of the China Cup, a small international friendly tournament. They will be hoping to get the trophy in their hands which would be a pretty good start for Ryan Giggs managerial career. They have a tough game against Uruguay coming up through as they take on the South Americans who comfortably beat the Czech Republic in their first game.
Wales v Uruguay Odds*
Uruguay 17/20, Draw 5/2, Wales 16/5* (Betting Odds taken at 04:16 p.m. on March 25th, 2018)
Wales v Uruguay Betting Tips
It was the Gareth Bale show as Wales opened the tournament against hosts China. The Real Madrid man netted a hat trick to become Wales’ leading goal scorer and helped his country get a 6-0 win on the board. Bale is 6/4 odds in the bet365 anytime goalscorer market* (Betting Odds taken at 04:16 p.m. on March 25th, 2018) to get on the scoresheet again. It was as easy as you like for the Welsh against substandard opposition but they will have their work cut out for them in this one. While their back line barely had to do anything over the 90 minutes against China, they are going to have their hands full against Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani. It may not be a bad option to have a look at both teams NOT to score at bet365 for 10/11 odds* (Betting Odds taken at 04:16 p.m. on March 25th, 2018) as both teams have scored in just three of Uruguay’s last seven games.
After missing out on a place at the World Cup in the summer at least a win in this one would see Giggs off to a solid enough start as manager. This will be the first meeting between the two nations and Wales will be taking on a Uruguay side who have lost just one of their last seven games played. That defeat came in a friendly against Austria last November. They were comfortable enough in beating the Czech Republic, Luis Suarez opening the scoring from the penalty spot before Cavani followed up to send them in 2-0 up at half time, which was the final scorer. Uruguay have a tough time getting much change out of Atletico Madrid centre-halves Jose Gimenez and Diego Godin. It is PSG’s Edinson Cavani who is the bet365 first goalscorer favourite for the game at 11/4 odds* (Betting Odds taken at 04:16 p.m. on March 25th, 2018). They are good enough to trouble a lot of side at the World Cup and are favourites to win this.
Who will win – Wales v Uruguay Predictions
Wales will naturally find the going a little tougher against Uruguay who had that deadly partnership upfront. Bale can’t do it all on his own all of the time, back the South Americans to get the win on the board.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sevilla v Levante Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- AC Milan v Lecce Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Sheffield United v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st October 2019
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
Tags: International Friendly, International Friendly odds, Uruguay, Uruguay International Friendly, Wales, Wales International Friendly, Wales v Uruguay