Wales v Cyprus Prediction 3rd September 201531st August 2015 / lee
Wales v Cyprus Euro 2016 Qualifiers, 3rd September
Another big night for Wales on Thursday as they travel to Cyprus in the search of three points that will edge them just that little bit closer to the Euro 2016 finals. Wales took a 2-1 home win over Cyprus when they squared off in Cardiff last October and since having taken control of qualifying Group B thanks to a win over Belgium, the Welsh have their qualifying destiny in their own hands. Wales are 7/10 for the win, with a draw at 5/2 and Cyprus at 17/4.
Online betting site Bet365 apply their 0-0 bore draw insurance to all matches in their sportsbook, including international games. It means that if a game ends without a goal having been scored you will receive a refund on losing correct score, scorecast and half time/full time bets as a free bet! It’s great coverage and new customers opening an account with Bet365 can earn a 100% matched deposit bonus too.
Wales v Cyprus Betting Tips
With Wales now nestled inside the top ten ranked teams in the world, they will make the journey on Thursday night expected to take three points. There haven’t been that many meetings between the two nations to look back on, just the six previous clashes and Wales have a 4-2 head to head lead. In European Championship qualifiers, it is a 2-1 head to head lead for the Welsh from their three previous meetings. Wales took a 2-1 win over Cyprus in Cardiff last year after playing with ten men for pretty much the entire second half. They still managed more shots on target despite taking less than 40% possession in the game.
Wales have really taken control of Group B thanks to an away draw and a home win over favourites Belgium. Gareth Bale netted the crucial goal for the win over the Red Devils and not too surprisingly he is the outright favourite in the anytime goalscorer market at a price of 11/10, followed by Aaron Ramsey and Sam Vokes sitting as 9/5 pokes. Wales are unbeaten in their last six matches played now (W4 D2) and have banked clean sheets in each of their last three played and in four of their last six overall.
So definitely improving and they look full of confidence at the moment to go and get the job done on Thursday night. Cyprus are patchy at best having posted a W3 L4 record over their last seven games. Two of those three wins were against Andorra which is pretty much a banker for anyone. They were hammered 5-0 by Belgium back in March in the Euro 2016 qualifiers and that should give Wales big hope. Cyprus have scored in six of their last seven so it may be worth a both teams to score punt for a price of 6/5.
Who will win – Wales v Cyprus Predictions
The big moment for Cyprus was beating Bosnia and Herzegovina in qualifiers. However, they have shipped eleven goals so far, whereas Wales have only conceded the two. Cyprus have scored well at an average of two per game, but Wales know what is at stake here and are value to find the winning touch to put three points on the board.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Rennes v Celtic Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Eintracht Frankfurt v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Dinamo Zagreb v Atalanta Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
- Bayern Munich v Red Star Belgrade Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
- Bayer Leverkusen v Lokomotiv Moscow Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
- Atletico Madrid v Juventus Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
- Club Brugge v Galatasaray Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
- Sunderland v Rotherham Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th September 2019
- Shakhtar Donetsk v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019