Villarreal v Rangers Prediction & Betting Tips – 20th September 201818th September 2018 / lee
Villarreal v Rangers UEFA Europa League, 20th September 7.55pm
Rangers could not battle their way through to the UEFA Champions League through the qualifiers and they have landed a pretty rough draw in their Europa League group stage as well. They have to make the trip over to Spain to take on Villarreal in their opener. Avoiding defeat could be the order of the day for the Gers. Read our Villarreal v Rangers betting tips for more.
Villarreal v Rangers Betting Odds
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 17th, 2018 at 2:12 p.m.)
Villarreal News and Form
Villarreal have had something of a slow start to the new season as they have only posted a W1 D1 L2 record this season in the Spanish top flight. Villarreal were stopped in the first knockout round of last season’s competition as they found Lyon too much handle. They took a fifth-place finish in La Liga last season so that is how they have ended up here. They have been frequent visitors to the UEFA Europa League and they have gotten out of their group in each of their last three Group stage campaigns.
In terms of wins, they have struggled to get them on the board in Europe as they are just W3 D2 L3 in their last eight Europa league fixtures. On home soil, they have been surprisingly poor with just a W1 D2 L4 record in their last Europa League home fixtures. So that at least should give Rangers some hope. We are looking under 2.5 goals for our Villarreal v Rangers predictions at 43/40 odds* (betting odds taken from September 17th, 2018 at 10:32 pm)
Rangers News and Form
Rangers started out in the first round of Champions League qualifying this season and they worked their way through to the playoffs. But they just fell short there and had to take the drop down to the Europa League. Rangers had had a really busy season therefore already and they have suffered only the one defeat, which was against Celtic in a Premiership Glasgow derby at the start of September. Their away from this season is only W2 D5 L1 so have been struggling for those wins.
That is probably why Sevilla are warm favourites to get the win in this one. Rangers are without a clean sheet in any of their last four games out on the road, and we are going with both teams not to score in this one at 4/6 odds* (betting odds taken from September 17th, 2018 at 10:32 pm) because Rangers will surely be conservative in this one, understanding the value of picking up a point on the road. This isn’t an easy game on the road for them.
Villarreal v Rangers Head to Head
There have been two matches between Rangers and Villarreal before. They were together in the 2006 Champions League group stage where they shared two drawn fixture. There was a 2-2 draw at Ibrox before they tied 1-1 out in Spain.
Who will win – Villarreal v Rangers Predictions
Villarreal are strong favourites to get the win on the board in this one and we have to support that as well. There’s not much value in backing Villarreal outright so we would back them to win to nil just for that extra value in our Villarreal v Rangers betting tips.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Nürnberg v Borussia Dortmund Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Huesca v Athletic Bilbao Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Doncaster v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Swansea v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Blackburn v Middlesbrough Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Bristol City v Wolves Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Chelsea v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Wigan Warriors v Sydney Roosters Winner Odds & Preview
- Sheffield United v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
Tags: Rangers, Rangers UEFA Europa League, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Europa League Odds, Villarreal, Villarreal UEFA Europa League, Villarreal v Rangers