Valencia v Ajax Prediction & Betting Tips, 2nd October 201930th September 2019 / lee
Valencia v Ajax Champions League Preview, 2nd October 8.00pm
Valencia had a wonderful start to their Champions League campaign as they secured a late away win at Chelsea. This is action from the highly competitive Group H. This will be a scrap for top spot too as Ajax also banked an opening win, taking down Lille 3-0 in Amsterdam. Read our Valencia v Ajax betting tips for more.
Valencia v Ajax Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 28th, 2019 at 1:17 p.m.)
Valencia News and Form
The winner of this game will be in a strong position at the top of Group H. Valencia collected a superb 1-0 away win at Chelsea with Rodrigo getting the only goal of the game. Last season in the group stage of the Champions League, Valencia ended up in third place behind Juventus and Man Utd. They went to the Europa League and lost to Arsenal in the semi-final. It was a five-match winning streak at the Mestalla in Europe that they were on before their loss to Arsenal.
Their record there is still good though with a win in 12 of their last 16 European home games. In the Champions League specifically, though they have lost four of their last seven home games. In the competition proper, they are W3 D1 L4 in their last eight. They are, however, undefeated in six previous home games against Dutch sides (W4 D2). Valencia are on a three-match winning streak at home against opponents from the Netherlands.
Valencia v Ajax Head to Head
Their previous meetings were in the 2002/03 Champions League
Both games that season ended in a 1-1 draw
Ajax News and Form
Ajax also opened their campaign in style. They eased to a 3-0 win over Lille. Last season they went from the second qualifying round to the semifinals where they were eliminated by Tottenham on away goals. They only suffered two defeats in 18 European games last season. Ajax had to start in the third qualifying round this season and here they are again in the group stage, looking a threat.
They have scored in 16 of their last 17 European fixtures. Away from home in Europe, Ajax have put together an 11 match unbeaten streak of form (W5 D6). The last time they went to Spain was just last season in the round of sixteen when they faced Real Madrid. Ajax produced a stunning performance at the Bernabeu winning 4-1. That ended a run of nine games in Spain for them without victory. Ajax have managed just three wins in their last 16 against Spanish opposition.
Valencia v Ajax Tips & Odds
Who will win – Valencia v Ajax Predictions
This should be a really good game. Valencia may have enough about them on home soil to keep the visitors at arm’s length. Both are in decent form and it may all be even at the end of the day. Draw.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Crystal Palace v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Tottenham v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leicester v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
Tags: Ajax, Ajax Champions League, Champions League, Champions League odds, Valencia, Valencia Champions League, Valencia v Ajax