Turkey vs Iceland Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th November 201912th November 2019 / lee
Turkey vs Iceland Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 14th November 5.00 pm
This is a big game for both Turkey and Iceland. Turkey are the group leaders on the head to head over France and will be feeling a little bit of pressure to deliver in this one. Iceland need a massive result in this one as three points would pull them to within one point of Turkey with one to play. So their qualification hopes would hinge on them winning. Read our Turkey vs Iceland betting tips for more.
Turkey vs Iceland Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on November 11th, 2019 at 10:17 p.m.)
Turkey News and Form
It has been a strong campaign by Turkey who are sitting level on 19 points with France. Turkey are top courtesy of having earned four points from their two games against the French. Simply avoiding defeat in this home fixture will guarantee them a place at Euro 2020 next summer so that the minimum requirement for them on the night. Turkey have only given up three goals in their eight qualification games which has been an excellent return.
Interestingly the one defeat that they have suffered in this campaign happened against Iceland back in June. But they are W3 D1 since then earning three clean sheets on the bounce. Turkey have won their last six European Championship home qualifiers, not conceding a single goal in that sequence of games.
Turkey vs Iceland Head to Head
Iceland are on a three-match winning streak against Turkey
The most recent meeting in Turkey was in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers
Turkey have won just one of the last six games against Iceland (D1 L4)
Both teams have scored in one of the last seven meetings
Iceland News and Form
So qualification is on the line for Iceland. They trail Turkey and France by four points with two games to play. That’s a tough situation to be in. A win though in Turkey on Thursday and they will haul themselves right into the mix with their final game of qualification to come against Moldova. Iceland took a 2-0 home win over Andorra in their last qualifier, which was a response to back to back losses against Albania and France.
Overall Iceland are W5 L3 in this qualification campaign. Their away form in European Championship qualifiers isn’t great. They have lost three of their four such matches (W1) failing to score in two of those three defeats. One of them was back in 2015 when they went to Turkey in Euro 2016 qualifiers and lost 1-0. Iceland have conceded exactly four goals in each of their last two away games in this group, fixtures against France and Albania.
Turkey vs Iceland Tips & Odds
Who will win – Turkey vs Iceland Predictions
Turkey really just need a quiet and calm night on the intentional front here. A point gets them to Euro 2020, a win will see them take a step towards winning the group. The former of those has to be a much bigger priority. Turkey have been so good defensively that they can shut down the visitors. Turkey to win to nil.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds, Iceland, Iceland Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Turkey, Turkey Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Turkey vs Iceland