Tranmere v Macclesfield Prediction & Betting Tips, 12th October 201810th October 2018 / lee
Tranmere v Macclesfield League Two Preview, 12th October 7.45pm
It is Friday night action from League Two as Tranmere welcome Macclesfield to Prenton Park. Rovers are holding good home form sat up in the top seven. The visiting Silkmen are going to have a tough time of things as they are still looking for their first win of the season. Read our Tranmere v Macclesfield betting tips for more.
Tranmere v Macclesfield Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 10th, 2018 at 3:41 p.m.)
Tranmere News and Form
It has been pretty solid stuff from Rovers this season, having suffered just the two league defeats. They have lost just one of their last nine (W4 D4) so are going to be tough to knock down. At Prenton Park Tranmere have posted a W3 D2 L1 record and there is a trend in those home wins. Each of them have been by a 1-0 scoreline. A Tranmere 1-0 correct score option is at 11/2 odds* (betting odds taken on October 10th, 2018 at 3:21 pm). They have been defensively very good with five clean sheets in their twelve league games.
They have conceded just the two goals at home so far this season but bearing in mind that they have only scored four, then that 1-0 looks very appealing. Under 1.5 goals also looks as if it will be worth a flutter at 9/4 odds* (betting odds taken on October 10th, 2018 at 3:21 pm) as well for the fixture. In three of their five home fixtures this season, Tranmere have been level at 0-0 at halftime.
Macclesfield News and Form
Twelve games into the season and no win still for The Silkmen. They are the favourites to fall out of the top four tiers this season and down to the National League. These two were together in the National League last season actually. Away from home in League Two Macclesfield have picked up just the one point from their five games. They have scored in four of their six road games, but their defence has taken a bit of a bee sting. The Silkmen have conceded at least three goals in four of their six road games.
In four games so far against other current top-seven sides, they have taken two draws and two one-goal margin defeats. So it’s not too likely that are going to go out and be thumped in this one. Indeed, Tranmere to win by a one-goal margin is at 5/2 odds* (betting odds taken on October 10th, 2018 at 3:21 pm). At some point, the tide may turn for Macclesfield but it is hard for any punter to find value in them getting a win on the weekend.
Tranmere v Macclesfield Head to Head
Macclesfield got four points out of their two games against Tranmere last season in the National League. They are ahead W2 D1 L1 in their last four games against Rovers. The overall head to head between them is even at four wins each and two draws. Both teams have scored in four of the last five meetings.
Who will win – Tranmere v Macclesfield Predictions
We see a routine success on home soil being played out by Tranmere. The home side look more than capable of bagging three points but are riding the trend and backing a 1-0 success for Tranmere.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Nürnberg v Borussia Dortmund Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Huesca v Athletic Bilbao Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Doncaster v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Swansea v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Blackburn v Middlesbrough Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Bristol City v Wolves Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Chelsea v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Wigan Warriors v Sydney Roosters Winner Odds & Preview
- Sheffield United v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
Tags: league two, league two odds, Macclesfield, Macclesfield League Two, Tranmere, Tranmere League Two, Tranmere v Macclesfield