Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund Prediction & Betting Tips, 13th February 201911th February 2019 / lee
Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund Champions League Preview, 13th February 8.00pm
This is such a mouth-watering clash between two very positive teams. Tottenham took back to back wins over the Germans in the 2017/18 Group Stage. Can they get themselves an early advantage in this tie against the current Bundesliga leaders? Read our Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund betting tips for more.
Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund Betting Odds*
Borussia Dortmund 19/10
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 10th, 2019 at 11:07 p.m.)
Tottenham News and Form
Tottenham miraculously pulled themselves through to the knockout stage of this season’s Champions League with a dramatic 1-1 draw at Barcelona on matchday six. They got here and that’s all that matters. Each of the four previous fixtures between Spurs and BVB have happened in the last three years. They first met in the 2015/16 Europa League with Dortmund winning 5-1 on aggregate in the round of sixteen. Then in the Champions League group stage last year, Spurs took back to back wins over the Germans. Both teams have scored in three for their four previous matches.
Tottenham are in their third round of sixteen tie. They are W1 L1 from the previous two. Spurs are still looking for their first ever home win in a Champions League knockout match (D1 L2). They have scored just one goal in those three games. Spurs were on an unbeaten W6 D1 record at home against German sides before Dortmund turned up in 2016. With a defeat against Bayern Leverkusen in November, Spurs are W1 L2 in their last three home games against German sides. Spurs are W4 L3 though in two-legged ties against German opponent. Spurs have, however, lost their last two.
Borussia Dortmund News and Form
Dortmund are top of the Bundesliga at the moment. They also topped their group in the Champions League, finishing level with Atletico Madrid on points but winning the head to head. This is the fifth time that Dortmund have been in the round of sixteen, the last one was in 2016/17 when they recovered at home after a first leg loss at Benfica. BVB are W3 L1 in their four previous round of sixteen ties. They have, however, won only one of their last six knockout phase matches in UEFA competition (D2 L3).
Borussia Dortmund have been in five previous two-legged ties against English opposition and from that they are W3 L2. Their most recent was a loss against Liverpool in the 2015/16 Europa League quarterfinals. Dortmund have lost three of their last four visits to England, the one exception a defeat at Spurs in 2016. Overall BVB are W4 D1 L7 in their previous twelve tips to England. Dortmund have actually only won two of their last eleven away matches in Europe.
Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund Tips & Odds
Who will win – Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund Predictions
It’s a tough match to call really as Spurs are going well at the moment without Harry Kane, but Dortmund are a powerful attacking side, the likes of which Spurs don’t meet too often. It’s worth just having a look at the game being a high scoring one over 2.5 goals.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Doncaster v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Swansea v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Blackburn v Middlesbrough Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Bristol City v Wolves Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Chelsea v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Wigan Warriors v Sydney Roosters Winner Odds & Preview
- Sheffield United v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
- Brighton v Derby Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
- Aston Villa v West Brom Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
Tags: Borussia Dortmund, Borussia Dortmund Champions League, Champions League, Champions League odds, Tottenham, Tottenham Champions League, Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund