Switzerland v Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th October 201914th October 2019 / lee
Switzerland v Ireland Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 15th October 7.45 pm
A huge game for Ireland who have to avoid defeat in this fixture to leave themselves in a good position to make a run at a top-two finish. That is because they are sitting four points ahead of the Swiss, but Switzerland have a game in hand over them. Can Ireland hang on and do their qualification hopes a massive favour? Read our Switzerland v Ireland betting tips for more.
Switzerland v Ireland Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 13th, 2019 at 3:33 p.m.)
Switzerland News and Form
Group D has been a tight, cagey, low-scoring affair for the most part. Switzerland are sitting third in the group, four points out of the top two, so can’t afford to drop any points at home in this one against group leaders Ireland. They are going to have their work cut out for them to try and close the gap. On Saturday the Swiss had a major setback as they suffered a 1-0 loss in Denmark and it leaves them well out of form.
Switzerland have taken only one win in their last six games and that was a home success over Gibraltar. So they are struggling at the moment and have failed to score in three of their last four played. All of the pressure, therefore, is going to be on them in this one then as they need three points. As a positive for Switzerland is that they have scored at least three goals in each of their last three home games. Five of their last seven home games have gone over 2.5 goals.
Switzerland v Ireland Head to Head
There was a 1-1 draw in the first group meeting
Three of the last four meetings have been drawn
The last meeting in Switzerland ended in a 1-1 draw (2004)
Each of the last five meetings have gone under 2.5 goals
Ireland News and Form
This is a buckle-down and hang-on type of fixture for Ireland. The victory isn’t so important to them as a point out of this will leave them with a four-point advantage over Switzerland, despite having played a game more than the Swiss. So it would leave the Irish in a decent spot after a tough away game that this is. Ireland have averaged exactly one goal per game in qualification and played out a 0-0 draw in Georgia on the weekend.
That may well be seen as dropped points against a weaker side. But Ireland are lacking in goalscoring power. But their defence continues to stand strong, with the Irish having conceded only two goals in this qualification campaign. Ireland are now on a nine-match undefeated streak of form in matches and all but two of those nine have ended under 2.5 goals. Ireland are D4 L1 in their last five away games, earning a clean sheet in three of those.
Switzerland v Ireland Tips & Odds
Who will win – Switzerland v Ireland Predictions
Ireland are a tough side to beat and that’s all they need to be in this one really. However, even though Switzerland’s home form isn’t great, they do certainly have the potential for goals in them and may be able to break the resistance of the visitors. Home win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds, Ireland, Ireland Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Switzerland, Switzerland Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Switzerland v Ireland