Sweden v Spain Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th October 201914th October 2019 / lee
Sweden v Spain Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 15th October 7.45pm
Spain are top of Group F but haven’t quite gotten themselves over the line to secure a qualification place. This is a top-two duel that they are going into against Sweden who are five points behind them. The Swedes are really more desperate for the points with Romania threatening just one point behind them. Read our Sweden v Spain betting tips for more.
Sweden v Spain Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 13th, 2019 at 3:33 p.m.)
Sweden News and Form
Sweden will be feeling the pressure to deliver in this one. With Romania behind them and breathing down their neck in the race for second place, this isn’t a game for the Swedes to slip up in. But it’s their toughest home game of the campaign. Sweden have taken a W4 D2 L1 record in the group, and they ran out 4-0 winners in Malta on Saturday. These next two qualifier games are massive for Sweden.
After facing Spain, they will then showdown against Romania in what could be a cracker, when the international scene returns in November. Sweden have lost just one of their last eight games, which was a reverse against Spain back in June. In Solna they have remained undefeated in their last four games, scoring at least two goals in three of those four (W2 D2). They have only taken three wins in their last eight matches on home soil though, taking one clean sheet in their last five.
Sweden v Spain Head to Head
Spain earned a 3-0 win in the first meeting in this campaign
The Spaniards are on a three-match winning streak against Sweden
Sweden have lost only one of their last four at home against Spain (W2 D1)
Both teams have scored in one of the last four meetings
Spain News and Form
Spain are not quite through to Euro 2020 mathematically but they could do it with a win in this one. They were frustrated to a 1-1 draw in Norway on Saturday after the Norwegians equalised in the 94th minute from the penalty spot. The Spaniards have tallied 18 goals in this qualification campaign, conceding only the four and it’s just a matter of time before they lock down their place at next summer’s Finals.
The away form of Spain is pretty good, having won five of their last seven on the road (D1 L1) since the end of last year’s World Cup. Spain have netted at least two goals in five of their last six away games. It is notable though they have been struggling for away clean sheets, only picking up one in their last seven out on the road. Defender Sergio Ramos is their top scorer in qualification, with four goals.
Sweden v Spain Tips & Odds
Who will win – Sweden v Spain Predictions
The draw may not be a bad punt in this one. Sweden certainly can’t afford to suffer a loss in this one, while Spain have been conceding goals out on the road. Spain would probably be happy with a share of the spoils given their lofty position in the group. Draw.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds, Spain, Spain Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Sweden, Sweden Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Sweden v Spain