Sweden v Romania Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd March 201920th March 2019 / lee
Sweden v Romania Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 23rd March 5.00pm
This will be an interesting clash coming from Group F of Euro 2020 qualifiers. There is going to be important for the Swedes not to drop points on home soil in this one because Group F is competitive with Spain and Norway also knocking around. You imagine that the visiting Romania will be happy to get a point out of this tricky opener. Read our Sweden v Romania betting tips for more.
Sweden v Romania Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 19th, 2019 at 3:50 p.m.)
Sweden v Romania Preview
It was a good Nations League campaign by Sweden as they won their group ahead of Russia. That means they move up to the big boys in League A next time. However, they are not in any kind of hot form at the moment with only two wins recorded in their last nine international fixtures. Their most recent action was friendly matches against Finland and Iceland out in Qatar in January. Sweden beat Finland and drew with Iceland in those games.
In their last five home games, Sweden have only managed to pick up one win, losing two of those. In two home games in the Nations League Sweden beat Russia 2-0 but lost 2-3 against Turkey. During World Cup 2018 qualification Sweden put up a home record of W3 D1 which helped them to edge out the Netherlands in the battle for second place behind France.
It wasn’t a bad campaign from Romania in the Nations League either. They came second place from their group of four. That was in the league see where they were up against Lithuania, Montenegro and Serbia. From their six matches in the group, Romania remains undefeated winning three of those six. Out on their travels, they did collect a very good 2-2 draw at Serbia, as well as returning one-goal margin victories in Montenegro and Lithuania.
Their current form is pretty solid at the moment as they are undefeated in their last 10 international games. They have taken a win in three of their last four played two. Their defence has seen them collect four clean sheets in their last six fixtures. During that run of 10 unbeaten games, they recorded a 1-0 international friendly win at home against Sweden in March 2018. This will be the first-ever competitive match in Sweden.
Who will win – Sweden v Romania Predictions
This could be a really good contest actually out in Solna. Romania may not be the pushover as that they are expected to be. Romania are carrying some good form with them at the moment and may well have enough about them to really go and frustrate their hosts. A Romania +5 Asian handicap at 21/20 odds looks a good proposition* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 19th, 2019 at 3:50 p.m.)
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- France Women v USA Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th June 2019
- Venezuela v Argentina Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th June 2019
- Norway Women v England Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 27th June 2019
- Netherlands Women v Japan Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Italy Women v China Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Croatia U21 v England U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- France U21 v Romania U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- Chile v Uruguay Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Ecuador v Japan Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
Tags: Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds, Romania, Romania Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Sweden, Sweden Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Sweden v Romania