Swansea’s Potter favourite in next Brighton Manager Betting13th May 2019 / lee
Brighton were the first team to make a managerial move after the close of the 2018/19 EPL season. They gave Chris Hughton the boot after a disappointing campaign where the Seagulls had finished 17th in the table. They only managed to pick up three wins in their final 23 games of the season meaning that they had big relegation concerns hanging over them all the way.
Next Brighton Manager Select Odds*
Graham Potter 1/6
Phil Neville 5/1
Lee Johnson 5/1
Nathan Jones 12/1
Slavs Jokanovic 16/1
Frank Lampard 16/1
Steven Gerrard 16/1
Rafa Benitez 18/1
Chris Wilder 20/1
Saltor Bruno 20/1
Adi Hutter 20/1
Mikel Arteta 20/1
Claude Puel 20/1
Claudio Ranieri 25/1
Gennaro Gattuso 281
Gary Rowett 28/1
* (betting odds taken from Ladbrokes on May 13th, 2019 at 4:04 pm)
It was only the lack of form from Cardiff in the end which really kept the Seagulls safe. Hughton made the move to Brighton in December 2014, getting the south coast club up to the Premier League in 2017. It was a good solid season that they had in their first ever Premier League campaign too, taking a 15th place finish.
Brighton are already 2/1 odds to suffer relegation from the Premier League next season* (betting odds taken from Ladbrokes on May 13th, 2019 at 4:04 pm).
Brighton did also make a run to the FA Cup semi finals this season where they were edged out by Manchester City 1-0. Houghton’s last game in charge of the club was also against Manchester City on the weekend, suffering a 3-1 loss against the champions at the Amex.
There does seem to be a clear target who the Seagulls want as their net manager if the reports are true. It is Swansea boss Graham Potter, a man who has no Premier League experience, who is apparently catching the eye of the Seagulls. He was at 1/4 odds early on Monday* (betting odds taken from Ladbrokes on May 13th, 2019 at 4:04 pm).
Brighton want to take the club in a different direction instead of just grinding, and Potter is seen as the man to add a bit more of a positive identity to the club. Behind Potter is Phil Neville who has appeared as the 5/1 second favourite, the former Manchester United man is currently the England Women’s boss and looking forward to the World Cup in the summer.
Frank Lampard has come in as short as 9/1 with some bookmakers* (betting odds taken from Ladbrokes on May 13th, 2019 at 4:04 pm), with his Derby side having lost at home in the first leg of their Championship play-off semi-final against Leeds. Would he be tempted to a move up to the Premier League if he can’t get there with the Rams?
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Leeds v Derby Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st September 2019
- Rangers v Feyenoord Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Manchester United v Astana Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Southampton v Bournemouth Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th September 2019
- Wolves v Braga Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Rennes v Celtic Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Eintracht Frankfurt v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Dinamo Zagreb v Atalanta Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
- Bayern Munich v Red Star Belgrade Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019