Swansea v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th September 201927th September 2019 / lee
Swansea v Reading Championship Preview, 28th September 3.00pm
Swansea are a surprise potential-promotion package in the Championship this season. They have really been on top of their game so far and start the weekend level on points at the top with Leeds. However, after just one point from their last two, can they pick up the pace as they host a Reading side who are on a three-match losing streak? Read our Swansea v Reading betting tips for more.
Swansea v Reading Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 25th, 2019 at 1:17 p.m.)
Swansea News and Form
Swansea were undefeated through the first six games of this season’s Championship campaign. They have just gone off the boil following a home loss against Nottingham Forest and then last weekend, a 0-0 draw at Bristol City. Those were two tough games against teams who are also in good form at the moment. But that’s back to back games without a goal from the Swans. Their home record in the Championship this season is W3 L1 from their four.
In each of their three home wins this season, Swansea have scored at least two goals. Home and away they have conceded just one goal in their last four played. Swansea have been level at half time in six of their eight league games, so there’s a pretty decent trend running there. They have scored all but two of their league goals this season in the second half of fixtures. The Swans have opened the scoring in just three of their eight games in this campaign.
Swansea v Reading Head to Head
The Swans won both league meetings in the last campaign
Swansea are unbeaten in 11 games against Reading in all competitions
Both teams have scored in one of the last four meetings
Reading have scored one goal in their last four against Swansea
Reading News and Form
Reading are in a tough spot at the moment. The Royals have taken a W2 D1 L5 record this season in the Championship. They are on a three-match losing streak, scoring just the one goal in that sequence of games. Out on the road Reading are W1 D1 L2 this term. Just one of their four away games have made it over 2.5 goals. The Royals have been level at the halftime break in three of their four away games.
Their away form in the Championship leaves a lot to be desired. Not only from this season but really since early last year. Reading have won just two of their last 22 away games in the division. Their one triumph this season on their travels came against Huddersfield who are winless at the bottom of the Championship as it stands. One positive that Reading could take is that they have scored in seven of their last eight away games.
Swansea v Reading Tips & Odds
Who will win – Swansea v Reading Predictions
With Reading having been such a poor away team in the Championship for some time now, this does look like a good opportunity to strongly back a home win for the Swans. Swansea have had a couple of blips, but should be composed enough to bank a narrow home win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Crystal Palace v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Tottenham v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leicester v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
Tags: Championship, Championship odds, Reading, Reading championship, Swansea, Swansea Championship, Swansea V Reading