Swansea v Cardiff Prediction & Betting Tips, 27th October 201926th October 2019 / lee
Swansea v Cardiff Championship Preview, 27th October Noon
Swansea have only claimed the one win in their last six games which has undone some of their good work at the start of the season. They are still in touch inside the top ten heading into the weekend though. Cardiff are sat four points back of them, so the visitors in this clash of Wales won’t want to lose any more ground. Read our Swansea v Cardiff betting tips for more.
Swansea v Cardiff Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 25th, 2019 at 9:35 p.m.)
Swansea News and Form
The Swans have only picked up one point in their last three games. So they have just been struggling a bit and their home form has taken a nosedive. They are only D1 L3 in their last four home league fixtures. So that it has been a hugely disappointing return from them after a strong start to the season. Swansea have scored 10 goals in their seven home fixtures this season but have conceded the same amount. In total 71% of their home games have gone over 2.5 goals.
Four of the six league wins that Swansea have earned this season have been by a one-goal margin only. Two of their three home losses have been by the same margin. Swansea have gone without a clean sheet in five games now and have conceded at least two goals in their last two at the Liberty Stadium. Swansea have been a second-half team for goals, with 71% of their strikes coming after the halftime break this season. They are still in touch with the top six, they just need to steady a sinking ship.
Swansea v Cardiff Head to Head
This is the first meeting since the 2013/14 EPL season
Both teams won their respective home games on that occasion
In none of the last four meetings have both teams scored
The head to head is even at two wins and two draws in the last six meetings
Cardiff News and Form
Cardiff have only suffered one defeat in their last ten league games, which was against leaders West Brom. So they have been a tough side to beat, but haven’t done enough winning. They have taken a draw in six of their last nine games (W2 L1). Cardiff have taken three clean sheets this season in the Championship, one of them happened out on the road in a 0-0 draw at Blackburn back in August.
They have conceded in their last four on the road, and at least two in each of their last three away games. Cardiff have conceded at over 2 goals per game on average this season away from home. They are still searching for their first away win of the season (D4 L3). Two-thirds of their away goals have been scored in the second half of fixtures in this campaign. There are only three teams in the division heading into the weekend who have claimed fewer away points than Cardiff.
Swansea v Cardiff Tips & Odds
Who will win – Swansea v Cardiff Predictions
The away form of Cardiff has just not been there, so the sensible option is to lean towards the Swans. They have gone off the boil a bit at home, but there should be enough opening for them against a weak Cardiff back line to take the win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Cardiff, Cardiff Championship, Championship, Championship odds, Swansea, Swansea Championship, Swansea v Cardiff