Sunderland v Rotherham Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th September 201916th September 2019 / lee
Sunderland v Rotherham League One Preview, 17th September 7.45pm
Sunderland have won four of their last five league games and once again look strong enough to put together a strong push for promotion. They will be at home on Tuesday night as they welcome Rotherham. It has been a mixed bag of fortunes for the Millers who dropped from the Championship last season. Read our Sunderland v Rotherham betting tips for more.
Sunderland v Rotherham Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 15th, 2019 at 11:22 p.m.)
Sunderland News and Form
The Black Cats have a bit of form behind them in League One. They have posted a W4 D2 L1 record this season. Their one defeat happened out on the road against Peterborough at the end of August. They have taken seven of a possible nine points from their home games, averaging two goals per game. Both teams have scored in all but of Sunderland’s league games this season.
Each of Sunderland’s last five League One fixtures have gone over 2.5 goals. Carrying over from the back end of last season, Sunderland are six matches undefeated at the Stadium of Light in the division, winning four of those. 78% of the league goals that Sunderland have conceded this season have come in the first half of matches.
Sunderland v Rotherham Head to Head
This will be the first meeting since 2005 in the Championship
Sunderland have won the last three meetings between the two clubs
Rotherham are W3 D7 L13 in the overall head to head with the Black Cats
Both teams have scored in just one of the last four meetings
Rotherham News and Form
The Millers came down from the Championship last season and it hasn’t been a smooth ride from them in League One so far. They have taken a W3 D1 L2 record so far but have failed to make it back to wins. They did win on the weekend, a big 6-1 home success over the troubled Bolton. In their six league fixtures so far, the Millers have collected just the one clean sheet.
They did win their first two away games of the campaign but suffered a 2-1 loss at Doncaster in their last road game. There has been a trend in Rotherham’s away games as they have been leading at the half time break in all three of their games. Of the goals that they have conceded this season have been in the second period of fixtures.
Sunderland v Rotherham Tips & Odds
Who will win – Sunderland v Rotherham Predictions
Sunderland should have enough at the Stadium of Light to pick up maximum points but because neither have looked watertight at the back, back both teams to score in this fixture. It looks like a reasonable enough shout.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: League One, League One odds, Rotherham, Rotherham League One, Sunderland, Sunderland League one, Sunderland v Rotherham