Sunderland v Accrington Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th February 201913th February 2019 / lee
Sunderland v Accrington League One Preview, 15th February 7.45pm
Sunderland can move up into third in League One if they can take the home win in this fixture. This is the first-ever game between the two clubs incidentally. Accrington have been struggling for league wins recently. Read our Sunderland v Accrington betting tips for more.
Sunderland v Accrington Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 13th, 2019 at 3:34 a.m.)
Sunderland News and Form
The Black Cats will be defending an unbeaten home record this season in League One. They are W8 D7 L0 overall in the division at the Stadium of Light. However, they have just lost their winning touch a little bit as they are W1 D3 in their last four league home games. Actually, home and away combined, Sunderland have drawn six of their last eight league games. Each of the six drawn games in that sequence were all 1-1 draws.
Each of Sunderland’s last three league victories have been 1-0 score lines. Sunderland have averaged just 0.87 goals against them at home this season. Remarkably the Black Cats have scored in every single league game this season. Overall home and away they are unbeaten in nine (W3 D6). Each of the nine games in that sequence ended under 2.5 goals as well.
Accrington News and Form
Accrington are down in the bottom half of the table, not so far from the drop zone. They are out of form as well at the moment with just two points from their last six played. Stanley have only taken the one point from their last four out on the road as well. There is another telling factor in their form. They haven’t scored in any of their last six played.
Overall this season Accrington have produced a W5 D4 L7 record on their travels in League One. Just one of those away victories was against a side currently in the top half of the table. In total Accrington have produced a poor return of only 14 goals in sixteen away games this season. They have been level at the halftime break in one of those away games. Only bottom side Wimbledon have produced fewer league goals in the division than Accrington have.
Sunderland v Accrington Tips & Odds
Who will win – Sunderland v Accrington Predictions
Sunderland have proven to be a very tough nut to crack on home soil. They need a win to put pressure on those around them. A home win to nil looks a good fit for this Friday night action.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Blackburn v Bolton Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Wigan v Preston Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Brentford v Leeds Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Stoke v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Reading v West Brom Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Derby v QPR Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Rotherham v Birmingham Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Everton v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st April 2019
Tags: accrington, Accrington League One, League One, League One odds, Sunderland, Sunderland League one, Sunderland v Accrington