Stoke v Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th January 201914th January 2019 / lee
Stoke v Shrewsbury FA Cup Preview, 15th January 8.00pm
Stoke got at it again against Shrewsbury in this battle for a place in the fourth round of the FA Cup. The two of them played out a 1-1 draw at the first attempt with Peter Crouch rescuing the Potters at the New Meadow. Will Championship side Stoke now covert on home soil? The winner hosts Premier League side Wolves in the next round. Read our Stoke v Shrewsbury betting tips for more.
Stoke v Shrewsbury Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on January 13th, 2019 at 4:47 p.m.)
Stoke News and Form
The Potters have not been in the greatest of form and they are currently on a five-match winless streak in all competitions. That includes the 1-1 draw which they played out at New Meadow against the Shrews in this third round tie. Peter Crouch got their equaliser twelve minutes from time. Will home advantage now see them drive forward to the next round?
Stoke lost their last home game, a league fixture against Bristol City right at the start of the year. But they had been on a three-match winning streak before that on home soil. The loss against Bristol City accidentally snapped a five-match sequence of unbeaten home form which they had been on. Stoke have banked two clean sheets in their last three home games. This will be their first home game against the Shrews since a 2010 League Cup meeting which the Potters won 2-1.
Shrewsbury News and Form
League One side Shrewsbury are searching for form really. They have failed to win any of their last five games and in their last eight, they have won just once. In none of their six have they managed more than one goal in a game. They have not had the greatest of seasons away from home and it does look as if it is one of those ties where they underdog missed their chance at home at the first attempt. The Shrews have won just two away games all season and have lost three of their last four (D1). The problem for them really has been keeping the ball out of the back of the net. The Shrews have not collected a clean sheet in any of their last nine out on their travels. It looks as if it could be an uphill struggle for them to pull themselves through to the fourth round.
Stoke v Shrewsbury Tips & Odds
Who will win – Stoke v Shrewsbury Predictions
Replays are rarely overly exciting, especially when it features the underdog heading out on the road against a team from above them in the tiers. Our prediction for the outcome is the home win, but only by a one-goal margin.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Genoa v Milan Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st January 2019
- Bolton v West Brom Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st January 2019
- Napoli v Lazio Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th January 2019
- Fulham v Tottenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th January 2019
- Huddersfield v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th January 2019
- Southampton v Everton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th January 2019
- Newcastle v Cardiff Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th January 2019
- Manchester United v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th January 2019
- Liverpool v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th January 2019
Tags: FA Cup, FA Cup odds, Shrewsbury, Shrewsbury FA Cup, Stoke, Stoke FA Cup, Stoke v Shrewsbury