Stoke v Huddersfield Prediction & Betting Tips, 1st October 201930th September 2019 / lee
Stoke v Huddersfield Championship Preview, 1st October 8.00pm
The Potters are still in a heap of trouble at the foot of the league table. They suffered another Championship defeat on the weekend. Huddersfield meanwhile collected their second point of the campaign on the weekend, moving them above Stoke on goal difference. This is a real basement battle. Read our Stoke v Huddersfield betting tips for more.
Stoke v Huddersfield Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 29th, 2019 at 5:45 p.m.)
Stoke News and Form
Stoke were beaten again on the weekend in a 2-3 reverse against Swansea on home soil. That leaves them stuck on just the two points for the season, draws against Derby and Brentford. The Potters are D1 L4 at home this season and have conceded at an average of 2.4 goals per home fixture. All of their home fixtures in this season’s campaign have gone over 2.5 goals.
Three of their four home losses for this season have happened by a one-goal margin. They have shipped two-thirds of their home goals in the second period of fixtures, conceding the opening goal in five of their nine matches for the season. They boast the worst defensive record in this season’s Championship, two more than what Huddersfield have conceded.
Stoke v Huddersfield Head to Head
The Potters have won the last two in all competitions 2-0
Stoke are undefeated in their last five against the Terriers in all competitions
This is the first league meetings since January 2018 in the EPL
None of the last five meetings have gone over 2.5 goals
Huddersfield News and Form
It has been just as much doom and gloom for Huddersfield this season as it has been for Stoke. They picked up a point though on the weekend in a 1-1 draw against Millwall on home soil. They have taken a D1 L3 record form their four road games this season and have lost their last three on the bounce. Huddersfield have scored five goals on the road in his campaign, but have conceded at an average of 2.25 goals per road fixture.
75% of their road games have gone over 2.5 goals. Two of their three away losses this season have been by a margin of just one goal. There’s not been one clean sheet from Huddersfield this season but they have managed to score in their four road fixtures for this campaign. 7 of the 9 away goals conceded by them this season have been after the half time break.
Stoke v Huddersfield Tips & Odds
Who will win – Stoke v Huddersfield Predictions
This is a huge pressure game for both of them. They both desperately need three points and by the same token, neither will want to end up losing this basement battle. It should, therefore, be a very tight game, Stoke at home may just be able to nick it.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Crystal Palace v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Tottenham v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leicester v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
Tags: Championship, Championship odds, Huddersfield, Huddersfield Championship, Stoke, Stoke Championship, Stoke v Huddersfield