Stoke v Bristol City Prediction & Betting Tips, 13th September 201911th September 2019 / lee
Stoke v Bristol City Championship Preview, 13th September 3.00pm
Stoke are in pretty big trouble early on. They have taken just one point from a possible 18 at the start of the Championship season. Bristol City meanwhile have been steaming along and are sitting inside the top six. Will the Robins be able to continue their positive streak of form as they take on the bottom side? Read our Stoke v Bristol City betting tips for more.
Stoke v Bristol City Betting Odds*
Bristol City 5/2
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 10th, 2019 at 12:31 p.m.)
Stoke News and Form
The Potters are rock bottom of the Championship after a horrendous start to the new season. They have picked up a single point from their six games played, which was from a 2-2 draw against Derby. So that means they have yet to enjoy a clean sheet in their league action this season and have in fact, conceded at least two goals in all of their games recorded. Their home record for the campaign is D1 L2.
It has been a total of 15 goals that Stoke have conceded this season, which is an average of 2.5 per match. All of their league games this season have gone over 2.5 goals and half of them have made it over 3.5 goals. They have conceded the opening goal in five of their six games played this season. Going back to include last season, Stoke are winless in 12 league games now, winning just one of their last seventeen. They are winless with a D6 L2 record in their last eight Championship home games.
Stoke v Bristol City Head to Head
Bristol City took a 2-0 away win at Stoke last season
Things are even with two wins each from four previous Championship meetings
Just one of the four previous Championship meetings have gone over 2.5 goals
Stoke have three of their last four home games against the Robins (all competitions)
Bristol City News and Form
After losing their opening game of the season at home against Leeds, Bristol City have not looked back. They have posted a W3 D2 record in their last five games and two of those three wins were recorded out on the road. Bristol City are W2 D1 from their three road games but are yet to take a clean sheet on their travels. Their wins came at Derby and Hull in back to back games so have some strong away momentum.
The Robins have scored at least two goals in each of their last four games played now so there is every reason to believe that they are going to trouble Stoke. Top scorer for Bristol City his season is Benik Afobe with a three-goal haul. Six of the eight goals that Bristol City have conceded in league action this season have come in the second half of fixtures. There has been a good trend with them, which is good for a betting angle, in that they have scored the opening goal in four of their six games. They have been leading at half time in half.
Stoke v Bristol City Tips & Odds
Who will win – Stoke v Bristol City Predictions
Bristol City should have enough scoring power in their setup to claim a good three away points. They are generally a pretty reliable side out on their travels and with Stoke all at sea before the international break, it’s hard to find reasons to back the home side. Bristol City to win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Aston Villa v West Ham Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th September 2019
- Watford v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Bournemouth v Everton Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Sheffield United v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Wolves v Chelsea Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Manchester United v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Tottenham v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Norwich v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Brighton v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
Tags: Bristol City, Bristol City Championship, Championship, Championship odds, Stoke, Stoke Championship, Stoke v Bristol City