Stoke at 5/1 to win the Championship 2018/1918th July 2018 / lee
The new season of the Championship starts on August 3rd, so the big kick-off is right around the corner. There are some big names knocking around the combative and massively difficulty qualification race for promotion up to the Premier League for the Championship 2018/19 season. Last season Swansea, Stoke and West Brom all took a tumble to the second tier.
Of them, it is Stoke who are the 5/1 odds favourites* (betting odds taken from July 17th, 2018 at 10:55 pm) to win the Championship next season. It has been a credit to boss Gary Rowett that he has managed to hold on to a lot of the squad that was there last season, which means a lot of talent which has been playing at a higher level. The Potters made one big summer sale, with Xherdan Shaqiri being shipped off to Liverpool.
That was a bargain deal but the 13 million was the relegation-release clause that he had in his contract. Peter Crouch, Joe Allen and Moritz Bauer have all committed to the club for a longer term and if they can also hang on to the likes of keeper Jack Butland, Ryan Shawcross, Bruno Martins Indi, Erik Pieters, Mame Biram Diouf and Bojan Krkic then they should be in pretty good shape.
That is the backbone of a good looking squad for the challenge of trying to get back up to the top flight. So it hasn’t been a big summer of spending by Stoke it has been a summer of consolidation by boss Gary Rowett. The Potters are 6/4 odds at bet365* (betting odds taken from July 17th, 2018 at 10:55 pm) to earn promotion (through automatic promotion or the playoffs).
Among the pack of main contenders to win the Championship next season, West Brom are at 8/1 with Middlesbrough, who lost out in the playoffs the last term at 9/1* (betting odds taken from July 17th, 2018 at 10:55 pm) to make amends and take a step up. They, along with Stoke are the only three sides currently available with bookmaker bet365 in single figures ahead of the new Championship season. Swansea are out at 12/1* (betting odds taken from July 17th, 2018 at 10:55 pm) just a tad longer than Nottingham Forest and Leeds are.
Championship Outright Winner odds*
West Brom 8/1
Nottingham Forest 11/1
Aston Villa 16/1
Sheffield united 20/1
Sheffield Wednesday 25/1
Bristol City 25/1
* (betting odds was taken from bet365 on July 17th, 2018 at 10:55 pm)
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Barcelona v Inter Milan Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th October 2018
- Borussia Dortmund v Atletico Madrid Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th October 2018
- West Brom v Derby Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th October 2018
- Liverpool v Red Star Belgrade Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th October 2018
- PSV v Tottenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th October 2018
- Manchester United v Juventus Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2018
- Shakhtar Donetsk v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2018
- Middlesbrough v Rotherham Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2018
- League Two & Predictions and Tips - 20th October 2018
Tags: Bet365, Championship, Championship odds, Middlesbrough, Stoke, Swansea, West Brom