St Johnstone v Ross County Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st July 201919th July 2019 / lee
St Johnstone v Ross County Scottish League Cup Preview, 21st July 3.00pm
There should be an interesting clash in the Scottish League Cup on Sunday. Ross have started strongly in the group stage with two wins from two. The Saints lost their opener so they have a bit of catching up to do now. Can they start to make inroads into Ross’s lead? Read our St Johnstone v Ross County betting tips for more.
St Johnstone v Ross County Betting Odds*
St Johnstone 5/4
Ross Country 9/5
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on July 18th, 2019 at 11:17 p.m.)
St Johnstone News and Form
The Saints suffered a 1-0 defeat at Montrose in their first game of this season’s League Cup. That was a hefty setback really as it leaves them with some catching up to do. They will go into this one trailing group leaders Ross by six points. Only the top side in the group gets an automatic qualification spot in the second round. So it may be that the Saints are already in a position of having to play for being one of the best second-placed teams. Tommy Wright’s men are going to have to come up with a result in this one, or they are going to be struggling to move ahead. Will home advantage at McDiarmid Park serve them?
St Johnstone v Ross County Head to Head
This will be the first meeting since May 2018
St Johnstone are undefeated in their last five against Ross
Ross trail the head to head 9-17 with 19 draws
The Saints have lost just one of their last 11 against Ross
Ross County News and Form
Ross were the Championship winners last season so will be enjoying the forthcoming season in the top flight. They opened with a thumping 4-1 win over Montrose in their League Cup campaign, remembering that Montrose beat St Johnson. Ross then followed up with another four-goal haul as they beat Brechin 4-0. One of the stars of the show for Ross so far has been Ross Stewart who has scored two goals in both games this season. Billy McKay has one in each. So they look to be in pretty good shape and even though they are underdogs they have a decent chance of being in this and they would not be unhappy with a draw.
St Johnstone v Ross County Tips & Odds
Who will win – St Johnstone v Ross County Predictions
We fancy that Ross are going to know the importance of avoiding defeat in this one. They have come out firing whereas the Saints have had a stuttering start. It is the home side who need the win more, but they could be thwarted. Draw.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Fulham v Millwall Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Preston v Stoke Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- QPR v Swansea Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- West Brom v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Charlton v Nottingham Forest Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Leeds v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Cardiff v Huddersfield Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Celtic v AIK Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd August 2019
- Legia Warsaw v Rangers Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd August 2019
Tags: Ross County, Ross County Scottish League Cup, Scottish League Cup, Scottish League Cup odds, St Johnstone, St Johnstone Scottish League Cup, St Johnstone v Ross County