Southampton v Derby Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th January 201914th January 2019 / lee
Southampton v Derby FA Cup Preview, 16th January 7.45pm
There could be another tight duel between the two sides as they look for a place in the fourth round of the FA Cup. Southampton survived a tricky away test at Pride Park, now can they make the most of home soil advantage? The winner makes a trip to League One side Accrington in the next round. Read our Southampton v Derby betting tips for more.
Southampton v Derby Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on January 13th, 2019 at 4:47 p.m.)
Southampton News and Form
The Saints earned a great 2-1 away win at Leicester on the weekend to give their survival hopes in the Premier League a massive boost. That is a three-match undefeated streak of form that they are on now. In the middle of that streak was their 2-2 draw at Derby in this FA Cup third round tie. Twice the Saints took the lead at Pride Park but they were pegged back on both occasions. Nathan Redmond got both of Southampton’s goals in the game.
The Saints didn’t take the game lightly in terms of sending out an understrength side, which was nice to see. Can they finish this tie at home? The Saints have won just the one home game all season and have lost their last two there. Each of their last four home games have gone over 2.5 goals. Overall Southampton are W1 D5 L4 on home soil this term. They have just the two clean sheets but have netted in each of their last five there.
Derby News and Form
The Rams suffered a 2-0 away defeat at league leaders Leeds in Championship action on Friday. So they have at least had a little extra rest. Frank Lampard’s troops have just been struggling for form as they have taken just the one win in their last seven games now in all competitions (D4 L2). So they have gone off the boil a bit. Their promotion push at the end of the day is always going to be more important than the FA Cup.
Derby have alternated between a loss and a win in their last seven away games. Next in the sequence would be a win. The Rams have netted in all but one of their last ten games on the road, so that is a positive for them. The negative in that is that they have struggled really bad for clean sheets. They have only one in their last fourteen away from Pride Park. This is their first trip St Marys since a Championship visit in 2012 which they lost 4-0.
Southampton v Derby Tips & Odds
Who will win – Southampton v Derby Predictions
The Saints haven’t delivered much of a season on home soil, but they seem to have a little extra in their step since their managerial change. They Could have just enough to edge their way past the visiting Derby. Home win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Norway Women v England Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 27th June 2019
- Netherlands Women v Japan Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Italy Women v China Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Croatia U21 v England U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- France U21 v Romania U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- Chile v Uruguay Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Ecuador v Japan Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Sweden Women v Canada Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- Spain Women v USA Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
Tags: Derby, Derby FA Cup, FA Cup, FA Cup odds, Southampton, Southampton FA Cup, Southampton v Derby