South Africa Women v Germany Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th June 201916th June 2019 / lee
South Africa Women v Germany Women’s World Cup Preview, 17th June 5.00pm
Germany have already made it to the round of sixteen having won their opening two games. All that’s left for them to do is lock down top spot. They need just a point to do that. South Africa have already missed out on automatic qualification and would need a pretty big win to stand any chance of finishing as one of the best third-placed teams. Read our South Africa Women v Germany betting tips for more.
South Africa Women v Germany Betting Odds*
Germany Women 1/10
South Africa Women 25/1
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on June 15th, 2019 at 7:35 p.m.)
South Africa Women News and Form
South Africa opened their account with a 3-1 reverse against Spain at the World Cup. That was after actually taking a surprise lead in the fixture. They then fell to a 1-0 loss against China, which was their most likely game to get a win out of. Now they have to try and face group leaders Germany and find a way to beat them heavy. South Africa have a -3 goal difference and even a win isn’t likely to get them into one of the four best third-placed team positions in the group.
South Africa are now on a twelve match winless streak of form, having lost six of their last seven played. In six of their last eight games, South Africa have conceded at least two goals in a game. This has been a tough debut at the World Cup from them. It’s unlikely that they are going to pose a big threat to Germany Women.
Germany News and Form
Germany have recorded 1-0 wins over both China and Spain now in the group. It hasn’t been particularly great stuff from them. Even though they are one of the front runners in the tournament it has been quite a stifled display from them so far. Spain put in a terrific performance against them, dominating possession over the Germans. But still, Germany found a way to win and that is what they do, what they are good at. Maybe they are saving themselves for the knockouts but they haven’t looked as good as the likes of France and the USA so far.
Germany have not conceded in any of their last three games. They are unbeaten in fourteen games now, winning twelve of those. So you can’t exactly fault them and they did beat the French in a friendly early this year. So it has been nothing more than Germany being at their efficient best so far, but once again, it is really hard not to back them to go out and get the win on the board.
South Africa Women v Germany Tips & Odds
Who will win – South Africa Women v Germany Predictions
It’s Germany all the way. They have looked happy to just sit back and not really express themselves as an attacking unit at the tournament. There’s no reason to expect that they will change and they will want to conserve energy ahead of the knockout. German 2-0 correct score looks a good fit.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Senegal v Algeria Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th July 2019
- Kilmarnock v Connahs Quay Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th July 2019
- Rangers v St Joseph's Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th July 2019
- Rovaniemi v Aberdeen Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th July 2019
- Celtic v Sarajevo Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th July 2019
- Senegal v Tunisia Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th July 2019
- Algeria v Nigeria Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th July 2019
- Madagascar v Tunisia Prediction & Betting Tips, 11th July 2019
- Ivory Coast v Algeria Prediction & Betting Tips, 11th July 2019
Tags: Germany, Germany Women's World Cup, South Africa Women, South Africa Women v Germany, South Africa Women Women's World Cup, women's world cup, Women's World Cup odds