Sociedad v Barcelona Prediction & Betting Tips – 15th September 201813th September 2018 / lee
Sociedad v Barcelona La Liga, 15th September 3.15pm
Real Sociedad have had a mixed time of things so far in the new La Liga season and they will be heading into their first home fixture of the term. What a game it is as well as they host Barcelona. The Catalans are just one of two sides in the league to have won all three of their games played so far. Can they keep their strong early moment going? Read our Sociedad v Barcelona betting tips for more.
Sociedad v Barcelona Betting Odds*
Real Sociedad 11/2
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 12th, 2018 at 1:14 p.m.)
Sociedad v Barcelona Betting Tips
So Real Sociedad will be kicking off their home campaign with this one and it’s a tough one for them to get stuck into. Naturally with no home form because of no action so far this season, we aren’t sure what we are going to get from Sociedad. Their away form for the season reads W1 D1 L1 and their defense hasn’t been at the races. They have conceded five goals in their three games and that’s not tight enough to expect them to shut out Barcelona.
Just before the international break Sociedad lost at Eibar. We are going to back the home side to at least get on the scoresheet though and both teams to score is at 4/7 odds* (betting odds taken on September 12th, 2018 at 9:04 pm). Last season on home soil in the Spanish top flight Sociedad posted a W10 D3 L6 record but they lost three of their games on home soil against the top-four finishers (W1 against Atletico Madrid). Are they good enough to stand toe to toe with Barcelona? Sociedad are on an eleven match scoring streak at home.
Barcelona are chugging along with three straight wins. Just before the international break, they destroyed the newly promoted Huesca 8-2 at the Nou Camp. In their only away game so far this season they edged out a 1-0 win at Valladolid. We think that Real Sociedad may be a little more open at the back and a Barcelona -1.25 Asian Handicap is at 9/10 odds* (betting odds taken on September 12th, 2018 at 9:04 pm). Lionel Messi has four goals so far this season but all four of those have been at home. Ousmane Dembele has their only away goal this term. So far,
Sociedad v Barcelona Head to Head
It was back to back wins for Barcelona in their matches against Sociedad last season. They have collected a win in each of their last five against them in all competitions, undefeated six. Barcelona have won all but one of their previous home games against Sociedad in all competitions (D1). The Catalans have scored thirteen goals in their last four games against Real Sociedad alone.
Who will win – Sociedad v Barcelona Predictions
We don’t see Barcelona slipping up against a side who are yet to find their feet for the season. It will be a big game for Real Sociedad as it is their first home fixture of the term, but still, they may not have enough of an answer to stop the visitors. It might be worth looking at Barcelona -1.25 Asian Handicap.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wigan v Bristol City Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st September 2018
- Villarreal v Rangers Prediction & Betting Tips - 20th September 2018
- Arsenal v Vorskla Prediction & Betting Tips - 20th September 2018
- Celtic v Rosenborg Prediction & Betting Tips - 20th September 2018
- PAOK Saloniki v Chelsea Prediction & Betting Tips - 20th September 2018
- Middlesbrough v Bolton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2018
- Sheffield United v Birmingham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2018
- West Brom v Bristol City Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2018
- Valencia v Juventus Prediction & Betting Tips - 19th September 2018
Tags: Barcelona, Barcelona La Liga, La Liga, La Liga Odds, Sociedad, Sociedad La Liga, Sociedad v Barcelona