Smart Cash Out decision by Sky Bet punter22nd September 2015 / lee
It takes a savvy punter to look at a big accumulator and know when to pull out. Imagine having ten winning selections completed in an 11-fold acca. What would you do? Cash out or let everything ride on the final leg for a huge payout? That was the dilemma facing one punter at online betting site Sky Bet on the weekend as their £5 11-fold acca was all hinging on the eleventh leg, a win for Lyon and Marseille in Ligue 1.
With other results in the big wager completed, including Manchester United taking a win at Southampton the Premier League and wins across Europe for the likes of Napoli, Juventus and Borussia Dortmund. Even the draw between Liverpool and Norwich on Sunday in the English top flight was called. But how far do you ride your luck?
The punter had seen ten of the eleven selections in the accumulator all win and decided not to trust in Lyon enough to come away from Marseille with the win, deciding instead to cash out the bet for £1377.75 which, when Lyon took the lead in the match, may not have seemed like the right decision at the time. But the decision to cash out was justified as Marseille did strike back to earn a 1-1 draw, meaning the punter would have lost out completely had they let it ride.
Mentioned offers may be restricted to new customers, T&C's apply. Older offers may be not valid anymore. See details directly at the bookmaker's website. 18+. Please Gamble Responsibly.
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019