Slovenia v Austria Prediction & Betting Tips, 13th October 201912th October 2019 / lee
Slovenia v Austria Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 13th October 7.45pm
Austria gave their qualification hopes a massive boost as they beat Israel on Thursday. That moved them up into the top two with Slovenia taking a surprise hit against North Macedonia. So now it leaves Slovenia needing to get themselves a win in this one to try and jump ahead of Austria in a fantastic group. Read our Slovenia v Austria betting tips for more.
Slovenia v Austria Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 11th, 2019 at 7:12 p.m.)
Slovenia News and Form
Slovenia’s qualification hopes took a massive hit on Thursday as they suffered a 2-1 loss in Skopje against North Macedonia. That was the last thing they needed and they only got their consolation through a 95th-minute penalty kick. So that leaves them trailing second-placed Austria by two points now, so a loss in this one would just kick them out of qualification contention.
Slovenia are W3 D2 L2 in their seven qualification games so far, averaging almost two goals per game, so it’s not been bad from them. A win puts them right back in the mix, while a draw would keep them hanging in there. Slovenia are unbeaten in their last five home games and they did claim a superb 2-0 home win over group leaders Poland earlier in the campaign. They have netted at least two goals in their last two home fixtures.
Slovenia v Austria Head to Head
Austria have won the last two meetings to nil
This will be the fourth meeting between the two nations
Both teams have scored in none of the previous three
Austria are W2 L1 in the head to head
Austria News and Form
Austria’s 3-1 home success over Israel on Thursday was just what they needed to take a big step towards qualification. Three points in this one and they should be just about there. They are now on a five-match undefeated streak of form in the qualification group (W4 D1) after their slow start of losing both of their first two games, which were against Poland and Israel. The dramatic change has been their defensive output.
Austria have three clean sheets in their last five qualification games, conceding just two goals in that sequence. Austria have a good record going in away qualifiers for the Euro’s, having won six of their last eight such fixtures (D1 L1). Their goal output has been superb as well in such fixtures, having scored at least two goals in six of those eight games in the sequence.
Slovenia v Austria Tips & Odds
Who will win – Slovenia v Austria Predictions
Austria are the better of the two sides, but Slovenia are likely to put up a good fight in this one. This is a high-pressure game and it’s probably worth expecting it to be a low-scoring affair, but the extra quality of Austria should prevail.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Crystal Palace v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Tottenham v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leicester v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
Tags: Austria, Austria Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds, Slovenia, Slovenia Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Slovenia v Austria