Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea Prediction & Betting Tips, 9th November 20199th November 2019 / lee
Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea Championship Preview, 9th November 3.00 pm
Sheffield Wednesday had a setback last weekend in a loss against Blackburn. That left the Owls just on the outskirts of the top six. They are not likely to have an easy game on their hands on the weekend either as they welcome Swansea who are sitting in fourth. The Swans have won their last two games. Read our Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea betting tips for more.
Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea Betting Odds*
Sheffield Wednesday 6/5
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on November 7th, 2019 at 6:35 p.m.)
Sheffield Wednesday News and Form
The Owls are just looking to get back a little bit of consistency in their game after a 2-1 loss at Blackburn last weekend. That snapped a four-match undefeated streak of form that they had been on in the league. The home record of Sheffield Wednesday this season is W4 D2 L1 and they are unbeaten in their last four there. So that’s a positive and in their last home game they picked up a point against Leeds.
Sheffield Wednesday have not conceded in any of their last three league home games. The Owls have only conceded three goals in their seven home games this season which is superb. They have averaged a goal per game. Only one fixture at Hillsborough this season has made it over 2.5 goals. It has been a clean sheet by Sheffield Wednesday in 71% of their home games. Three of their four home wins have been by a margin of just one goal. Each of their last four at home have gone under 2.5 goals.
Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea Head to Head
Each of the last three meetings have produced a home win
The Owls have won only one of their last four home games against Swansea
Both teams have scored in just two of the last seven meetings
Swansea have suffered one defeat in their last eight against the Owls in all competitions
Swansea News and Form
The Swans took a 2-1 win at Wigan last weekend giving them back to back league wins. Both wins were by one goal margin as well. Out on their Championship travels this season they are W4 D3 L0 so they will be defending their unbeaten record. Of the four away games played against sides currently in the top half of the table (like Sheffield Wednesday), Swansea have taken a W3 D1 record.
It just four goals that Swansea have conceded in their six away games and given the defensive home record of the Owls, this could be a low scoring game. It is three clean sheets on their travels that Swansea have earned. A big trend has been half time draws in Swansea’s away games. The Swans have been level at the half time break in all but one of their seven road fixtures (W1). Two-thirds of their away goals have come after half time.
Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea Tips & Odds
Who will win – Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea Predictions
The draw has appeal here. You have the strong home defence of the Owls up against the strong away defence of the Swans. It is likely to all balance itself out at the end of the day in a war of attrition. Draw.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Austria vs North Macedonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Northern Ireland vs Netherlands Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Cyprus vs Scotland Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Azerbaijan vs Wales Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Russia vs Belgium Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Germany vs Belarus Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Israel vs Poland Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Croatia vs Slovakia Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Czech Republic vs Kosovo Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th November 2019
Tags: Championship, Championship odds, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield Wednesday Championship, Sheffield Wednesday vs Swansea, Swansea, Swansea Championship