Sheffield Wednesday v Stoke Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd October 201920th October 2019 / lee
Sheffield Wednesday v Stoke Championship Preview, 22nd October 7.45 pm
Is the revival fully on for Stoke now? Back to back wins has lifted their spirits, even though they are still stuck down in the relegation zone. At least there is some light at the end of the tunnel for them. They visit Sheffield Wednesday who are sticking in there up in the top eight. Read our Sheffield Wednesday v Stoke betting tips for more.
Sheffield Wednesday v Stoke Betting Odds*
Sheff Weds 13/10
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 20th, 2019 at 9:07 p.m.)
Sheffield Wednesday News and Form
The Owls took a 1-1 draw against Cardiff on the weekend and that is one loss that they have taken only in their last six league outings (W3 D2). So they are not in bad shape at the moment really. Their overall home form for the campaign is W3 D1 L1. Each of Sheffield Wednesday’s last three league games have gone under 2.5 goals.
Sheffield Wednesday have taken a clean sheet in 60% of their home games, with only 20% going over 2.5 goals. So the clear project from a betting angle is to lean towards a low scoring game. In total, the Owls have only conceded three goals at home this season. Sheffield Wednesday are on a five-match scoring streak at home. They have opened the scoring in 8 of their 12 league outings this season, leading at the halftime break in 6.
Sheffield Wednesday v Stoke Head to Head
Both meetings last season ended in a draw
The Owls are undefeated in six league games against Stoke (W2 D4)
The last three league meetings at Hillsborough have been drawn
Both teams have scored in five of the last six league meetings
Stoke News and Form
Stoke have finally woken up. After not winning any of their first ten games of the season they have now taken back to back wins. Those successes have happened against Swansea and then against Fulham on the weekend. So that is a W1 D1 L3 record that they have been left without on the road. The Potters have scored five goals in their five away games in this campaign. Even though they have had this little revival, they are still two points from safety.
Stoke have conceded at an average of 1.8 goals per away game this season with 80% of their road fixtures going over 2.5 goals. The Potters have been level at the halftime break in four of the five away games. They have conceded the opening goal in 7 of their 12 league games this season and only bottom side Barnsley have a worse defensive record than they have. But at least there is a bit of positivity going now. Can they extend their winning streak?
Sheffield Wednesday v Stoke Tips & Odds
Who will win – Sheffield Wednesday v Stoke Predictions
We will back the Owls to burst Stoke’s bubble. Sheffield United are fairly solid at the moment and their defence on home soil has been brilliant. That may win the day in this fixture as Stoke are going to have a tough time breaking them down. Home win by a one-goal margin.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Championship, Championship odds, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield Wednesday Championship, Sheffield Wednesday v Stoke, Stoke, Stoke Championship