Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 201920th April 2019 / lee
Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Championship Preview, 22nd April 3.00pm
The Owls are not going to make the playoffs this season but they can still shot for a good top ten finish. They have produced well all season at Hillsborough and will be a tough opponent for Bristol City to face. The Robins are in a fight to lock down a place in the playoffs. Read our Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City betting tips for more.
Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Betting Odds*
Sheffield Wednesday 13/10
Bristol City 15/8
* (Betting Odds were taken from Paddy Power on April 16th, 2019 at 10:19 p.m.)
Sheffield Wednesday News and Form
The Owls are W9 D8 L4 this season on home soil in the league, so they have been a tough side to beat. They have suffered just the one defeat in their last dozen played at Hillsborough in the second tier, that loss coming against the in-form Aston Villa at the start of April. They recovered in their very next home game, thumping Notts Forest 3-0. So that is four wins in their last six on home soil that the Owls have recorded (D1 L1).
In their home campaign, this season Sheffield Wednesday have averaged 1.5 goals per game, earning a clean sheet in one-third of all their home fixtures. They have three clean sheets in their last five at Hillsborough. Of the goals which they have conceded at home, 72% of them have been in the second period of fixtures. Each of their last three home games have made it over 2.5 goals.
Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Head to Head
The Owls earned a 2-1 away win at Bristol City earlier this season
Bristol City won this corresponding fixture 4-0 last season
The Robins are unbeaten in seven league home games against Wednesday
Both teams have scored in four of the last six clashes
Bristol City News and Form
The Robins suffered a defeat at Aston Villa in their last road game, a 2-1 reverse there. They had won their two previous away games and they were superb victories over Sheffield United and Middlesbrough. Bristol City have been one of the better away sides this season having posted a W10 D4 L6 record on their travels so far as they push for a play off place finish.
The Robins have taken a clean sheet in 45% of their road games, while they themselves have averaged 1.4 goals per road fixture. Three of Bristol City’s last five away games have gone over 2.5 goals, each of those actually ending in a 3-2 scoreline. Of their ten wins earned out on their travels, Bristol City have won eight of them by a one-goal margin. They are currently sitting on an eleven match scoring streak on their travels with 64% of their away goals this season coming in the second half of games.
Who will win – Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Predictions
The Owls have just misfired a little against some of the better sides in the division recently. So that may open the door for the Robins to pounce in this one. Of the two, it is Bristol City who have the more to gain and they are 15/8 to win this* (Betting Odds were taken from Paddy Power on April 16th, 2019 at 10:19 p.m.)
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Atletico Madrid v Getafe Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Wolves v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th August 2019
- Sheffield United v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Chelsea v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Reading v Cardiff Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Athletic Bilbao v Barcelona Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th August 2019
- Celta Vigo v Real Madrid Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th August 2019
- Sunderland v Portsmouth Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th August 2019
- Southampton v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th August 2019
Tags: Bristol City, Bristol City Championship, Championship, Championship odds, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield Wednesday Championship, Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City