Sheffield United v Birmingham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 201818th September 2018 / lee
Sheffield United v Birmingham Championship Preview, 19th September 7.45pm
Sheffield United are hanging around the top five after a stringing together a good run of wins. But that was snapped last weekend with a defeat so they need a bounce-back performance. Birmingham continue to struggle along as they remain as one of just two sides who have yet to bank a win in the Championship this term. Read our Sheffield United v Birmingham betting tips for more.
Sheffield United v Birmingham Betting Odds*
Sheffield United 17/20
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 17th, 2018 at 11:22 pm)
Sheffield United News and Form
The Blades were on a good four-match winning streak in the Championship before Bristol City got the better of them last weekend. Perhaps the most surprising thing was that the Blades didn’t get on the scoresheet as they have scored at least two goals in each of their four previous games. On home soil they have won their last two games, scoring six goals in the process. Because they are taking on a side who are struggling but who can be resilient, a Sheffield United 1-0 correct score option is at 11/2 odds* (Betting Odds were taken from September 17th, 2018 at 11:22 pm).
There have been over 2.5 goals scored in each of Sheffield United’s three games this season, but we are going to oppose that. Under 2.5 goals is at 3/4 odds* (Betting Odds were taken from September 17th, 2018 at 11:22 pm). Billy Sharp has been their main source of goals this season and is the club top scorer with three goals on the board. They have been level at halftime in two of the three home fixtures this season, so a Draw/Sheffield United half-time/ full-time bet could well appeal.
Birmingham News and Form
That first win of the new season has eluded the Blues so far, but they have drawn each of their last three games. They earned a point in a scrappy draw with West Brom in derby match up last weekend. Their away form reads just D1 L2 for the season though and they have failed to score in two of those three games. So they are clearly not a big threat, but with an overall D5 L2 record for the season that does give a nod towards some resilience in their ranks. They just don’t have the finishing quality to take down sides. Both teams not to score is at 5/6 odds* (Betting Odds were taken from September 17th, 2018 at 11:22 pm) as we don’t see the Blues getting in a strike.
Sheffield United v Birmingham Head to Head
Birmingham took four points from the two Championship meetings last season. That was their first games together since an FA Cup tie back in 20102. There have been just the four previous Championship meeting between Sheffield United and Birmingham and it is Birmingham who are slightly ahead with a W2 D1 L1 record against the Blades.
Who will win – Sheffield United v Birmingham Predictions
Sheffield United have looked strong and powerful this season and we expect them to get back to winning ways in midweek. Birmingham just look a stubborn side more than a threatening one and we are going with Sheffield United to win to nil.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Nürnberg v Borussia Dortmund Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Huesca v Athletic Bilbao Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Doncaster v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Swansea v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Blackburn v Middlesbrough Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Bristol City v Wolves Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Chelsea v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Wigan Warriors v Sydney Roosters Winner Odds & Preview
- Sheffield United v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
Tags: Birmingham, Birmingham Championship, Championship, Championship odds, Sheffield United, Sheffield United Championship, Sheffield United v Birmingham