Shakhtar Donetsk v Eintracht Frankfurt Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th February 201912th February 2019 / lee
Shakhtar Donetsk v Eintracht Frankfurt Europa League Preview, 14th February 8.00pm
Eintracht Frankfurt were a perfect six from six in the group stage of this season’s Europa League. They face a tricky trip to the Ukraine to face Shakhtar Donetsk on Thursday, with Shakhtar having dropped down from the Champions League. Read our Shakhtar Donetsk v Eintracht Frankfurt betting tips for more.
Shakhtar Donetsk v Eintracht Frankfurt Betting Odds*
Shakhtar Donetsk 6/5
Eintracht Frankfurt 11/5
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 11th, 2019 at 11:18 p.m.)
Shakhtar Donetsk v Eintracht Frankfurt Preview
Shakhtar started in the Champions League group stage this season, but only managed to collect the one win there, finishing behind Man City and Lyon. They could have actually progressed in the Champions League if they had beaten Lyon on matchday six, but they could only manage a draw. This is their fifth appearance in the round of 32 but the Ukrainians have only won one of those previous ties at this stage.
Shahkar didn’t win any of their home games in the group stage, but the Pitmen have only lost two of their last 17 European home games (W11 D4). They are without a clean sheet in their last eight though. Their overall record against German opposition is W7 D6 L6. They haven’t won any of the four previous home games at this stage of the competition (D2 L2). They are on a five-match sequence of draws at home against German opposition.
Frankfurt took six wins from six games in the group stage of the Europa League, topping Italian side Lazio there. They have lost all three of their previous games in the Ukraine, but have won two of their three previous European ties against Ukrainian opposition. The last time that Frankfurt made it past the group stage of the Europa League was back in the 2013/14 season where they lost in the round of 32 against Porto.
They are a side with a bit of away from going as they have suffered just one default in their last eleven away game in continental action (W6 D4). Their overall record in the Europa league is W13 D2 L1, the lone defeat in that sequence happening at Maccabi Tel-Aviv back in 2013. Frankfurt have scored at least two goals in all but one of their last 17 European games. They are one of seven teams to come through the group stage undefeated.
Who will win – Shakhtar Donetsk v Eintracht Frankfurt Predictions
Shakhtar Donetsk are a side who can hold themselves together on home soil, so this will be a tough away game for Frankfurt. But the Germans are good in attack so the safest option we see is both teams to score at 7/10 odds* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 11th, 2019 at 11:18 p.m.)
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Blackburn v Bolton Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Wigan v Preston Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Brentford v Leeds Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Stoke v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Reading v West Brom Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Derby v QPR Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Rotherham v Birmingham Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2019
- Everton v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st April 2019
Tags: Eintracht Frankfurt, Eintracht Frankfurt Europa League, Europa League, Europa League odds, Shakhtar Donetsk, Shakhtar Donetsk Europa League, Shakhtar Donetsk v Eintracht Frankfurt