Scotland v Russia Prediction & Betting Tips, 6th September 20195th September 2019 / lee
Scotland v Russia Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 6th September 7.45pm
Scotland are under a bit of pressure in Group I of Euro 2020 qualification. A loss here and it would be a massive blow to their qualification hopes. They trail second placed Russia by three points having played the same number of games, that’s why. On the other side, Russia will see the potential of a big advantage opening up. Read our Scotland v Russia betting tips for more.
Scotland v Russia Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 4th, 2019 at 3:52 a.m.)
Scotland News and Form
Scotland have taken a W2 D2 record from their four games so far in the qualifiers. Things got off to a poor start for them with a disappointing 3-0 away defeat at Kazakhstan, before the Scots produced less than convincing back to back wins over San Marino and Cyprus. But then in another big away game, Scotland lost 3-0 in Belgium. So they haven’t lived up to the tougher challenges in the group and need a special night on Friday.
A win pulls them level with Russia and keeps their qualification hopes alive. Scotland did win their Nations League Group which gives them a guaranteed berth in the play-offs should they fail to get an automatic qualification spot from this group. That may well come into play. Scotland are W4 D1 L1 in their last six European Championship home qualifiers and they have scored at least two goals in each of their last four on home soil.
Scotland v Russia Head to Head
The previous meetings were in Euro ‘96 qualification
Both of those previous meetings ended in a draw
The one game in Scotland played out to a 1-1 draw
The meeting in Russia ended 0-0
Russia News and Form
Russia started their qualification campaign with a loss against Belgium. But have responded with three straight wins to put themselves in a strong position. The Russians have scored fourteen goals in their last three qualifiers. They are rock solid favourites to join Belgium as the automatic qualifiers from Group I. Three points out of this one would see them take a huge step towards the Finals.
The loss against Belgium at the start of this qualification campaign is the only game that Russia have failed to win in their last eight European Championship qualifiers. In their last seven match wins in European Championship qualifiers, Russia have conceded just one goal in total. Away from home in qualifiers Russia are W4 L1 in their last five, scoring at least two goals in each of those victories. They are carrying the form with them and even in their loss in Belgium they still got themselves on the scoresheet. Russia will carry a sizeable threat to Scotland in this game.
Scotland v Russia Tips & Odds
Who will win – Scotland v Russia Predictions
Russia look strong enough to go and raid Hampden Park. If that happens that would all but settle the qualification issues realistically (not mathematically), in Group I. Russia to win and both teams to score looks a reasonable proposition for the game.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds, Russia, Russia Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Scotland, Scotland Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Scotland v Russia