Sarri and Silva take strong backing in EPL Next Manager To Go market11th February 2019 / lee
There was some big action in the Next Premier League Manager To Go market this weekend. On Saturday, Everton boss Marco Silva was the name at the head of the list as he watched his side crumble yet again. But 24 hours later it was Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri who had replaced Silva as the most-backed man to go after his side were destroyed by Man City.
Next Premier League Manager to Go Odds*
Maurizio Sarri 4/5
Marco Silva 3/1
Claude Puel 5/1
Claudio Ranieri 16/1
Rafa Benitez 16/1
Neil Warnock 25/1
Manuel Pellegrini 40/1
Roy Hodgson 40/1
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 10th, 2019 at 7:23 p.m.)
Sarri is 4/5 to be the next boss to lose his job in the top flight* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 10th, 2019 at 7:23 p.m.). Chelsea paid a visit to the Etihad with no away form behind them and the Londoners were torn to shreds in a 6-0 defeat. Granted anyone would have found Man City hard to handle because they were brilliant, but it further highlighted the demise of Chelsea.
The Blues dropped down to sixth at the close of the weekend and things are not going well at the Bridge. Sarri, who has looked increasingly frustrated, has called his players out for not getting motivated enough this season. He seems to have been picking at their star player Eden Hazard and has rapidly been looking as if he has been losing his way. Chelsea really pushed the boat out to get the Italian in the summer.
Will they take lessons from the likes of Liverpool with Jurgen Klopp and Man City with Pep Guardiola and give Sarri the time he needs to build the Blues back to greatness? Chelsea are rarely a club who looks in that direction though. They demand immediate success and that could spell trouble for Sarri.
They have to try and deal with Man City in the EFL Cup final in a couple of weeks and their next league game is against Tottenham.
Up in the northeast, Marco Silva must be feeling immense pressure too. Everton had been pursuing him for so long and now they have him, they have started to go backwards. The Toffees lost 1-0 at Watford on Saturday, their third straight league defeat and their sixth in their last eight played. After visiting Cardiff, Everton then go to Anfield in the Premier League. Will a derby defeat be the final straw for the partnership?
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019