Salzburg v Napoli Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 201920th October 2019 / lee
Salzburg v Napoli Champions League Preview, 23rd October 8.00pm
This is action from Liverpool’s group, a group which Napoli leads. But things are pretty tight in Group E and this is not an easy away game for the Italians. Salzburg showed in their great effort against Liverpool last time out that they can compete. This should be a fantastic encounter. Read our Salzburg v Napoli betting tips for more.
Salzburg v Napoli Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 19th, 2019 at 1:12 p.m.)
Salzburg News and Form
Salzburg will be out for some revenge in this game. They were knocked out in the round of sixteen of last season’s Europa League by Napoli. Salzburg though did win their home game 3-1 against the Italians. This is their first campaign in the Champions League since 94/95 and they opened in style taking a 6-2 win over Genk. They then fired off another three goals in their second match, away at Liverpool.
But that wasn’t quite enough to topple the reigning European champions who won 4-3. Still, that some gallant effort by Salzburg. The Austrian champions, therefore, are likely to be a big threat to Napoli here. This is their second group stage appearance only, finishing third on their previous appearances. They are unbeaten in their last 19 European home games. winning 15 of them. Salzburg have taken a win in 9 of their last 10 European home games and will head into action here on a six-match winning home streak.
Salzburg v Napoli Head to Head
Salzburg and Napoli met in last season’s Europa League Rd16
The two of them earned home wins in the tie
Napoli prevailed 7-6 on aggregate
Both scored exactly three goals in their respective home wins
Napoli News and Form
Napoli will have been disappointed with their 0-0 draw against Genk on match day two. That was after a brilliant home win over Liverpool, so the dropped points against the Belgians really saw the Patenopei slip up. They could be sitting in a much stronger position. But they are still top of this group and a win would leave them tracking along well. Away from home in last season’s campaign though, they only claimed two points.
They are currently winless in their last eight away games in the Champions League, losing five of those as well. There have only been 5 wins in their last 16 Champions League matches as well and all of those victories happened on home soil. Out on the road in Europe, Napoli have claimed just one win in their last seven (D3 L3), which was a success at Zurich in last season’s Europa League. Before their meeting with Salzburg in last season’s Europa League round of sixteen, Napoli had never faced an Austrian side before.
Salzburg v Napoli Tips & Odds
Who will win – Salzburg v Napoli Predictions
This could be a fantastic game and there is no reason why Salzburg can’t follow up on home soil with another win over Napoli. The Italians are always going to be stronger at home and the home win in the outright looks a decent punt.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Champions League, Champions League odds, Napoli, Napoli Champions League, Salzburg, Salzburg Champions League, Salzburg v Napoli