Salford v Leeds Prediction & Betting Tips, 6th August 20195th August 2019 / lee
Salford v Leeds EFL Cup Preview, 6th August 7.45pm
What a tie this is for Salford. They won on the weekend in League Two, their first-ever game up in the top four flights of English football. Could they deliver another success on Tuesday night as they take on Championship side, Leeds? The Whites opened their league campaign with a success on the weekend. Read our Salford v Leeds betting tips for more.
Salford v Leeds Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 5th, 2019 at 5:40 p.m.)
Salford News and Form
Salford stepped out at home in their first-ever League Two match on the weekend and collected a 2-0 win over Stevenage. That was some way to celebrate. They came through the National League playoffs the last term to get their spot in the top tiers, which means that they will be taking on the League Cup challenge for the first time.
The Ammies are naturally underdogs here, even at Moor Lane as they are taking on a much higher-ranked team. Backed by a clutch of former Manchester United players and billionaire Peter Lim, Salford have earned four promotions in five years. How will their venture into the EFL Cup go?
Salford v Leeds Head to Head
This is the first meeting between the two clubs
Leeds News and Form
The Whites came racing out of the blocks on the weekend, winning on the road at Bristol City. It was a very strong showing in a 3-1 win that they took in their Championship opener. There’s every reason to believe that Marcelo Bielsa isn’t going to send out a full-strength starting eleven for this one, not so early in the season and not against a League Two side. But regardless of what they will be expected to pick up the win.
Leeds have won six of their last nine League Cup games. However, they have won just three of their last six out on the road, two of those three successes coming via a penalty shootout. Last season Leeds collected a first-round win over Bolton on home soil. They have such a good young squad with plenty of firepowers through the likes of Kemar Roofe, Patrick Bamford and Helder Costa that they should be fine.
Salford v Leeds Tips & Odds
Who will win – Salford v Leeds Predictions
We would expect even an under strength Leeds to come through this challenge. It’s a big night for Salford in their first ever League Cup game, however, it may be a rude awakening for them against very good opposition.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Aston Villa v West Ham Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th September 2019
- Watford v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Bournemouth v Everton Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Sheffield United v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Wolves v Chelsea Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Manchester United v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Tottenham v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Norwich v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Brighton v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
Tags: EFL Cup, EFL Cup odds, Leeds, Leeds EFL Cup, Salford, Salford EFL Cup, Salford v Leeds