Russia v Sweden Prediction & Betting Tips, 11th October 20189th October 2018 / lee
Russia v Sweden UEFA Nations League Preview, 11th October 7.45pm
Russia collected a good away win in Turkey in their opening fixture of the Nations League which leaves them in a strong position as they head home to face Sweden. The Swedes start the next round of matches bottom of Group 2 in League B as they suffered a setback out against Turkey in their opener. Read our Russia v Sweden betting tips for more.
Russia v Sweden Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 8th, 2018 at 3:54 p.m.)
Russia News and Form
Russia were a surprise package at the World Cup in the summer and they were at it again, taking a 2-1 win out in Turkey in their opening Nations League game. Not that Turkey are very good at the moment, it has to be said. Denis Cheryshev and Artem Dzyuba were on the scoresheet for Russia against Turkey. Then when they changed things up in their starting eleven for their next match, a friendly against the Czech Rep, the Russians pounded out a 5-1 win. That is just the one loss in their last eight games now (D4 D3) for Russia.
So they have a nice bit of form going and we are looking over 2.5 goals for this one, not something we usually do with Russia. But over 2.5 goals is a good 5/4 option* (Betting Odds were taken from October 8th, 2018 at 3:54 p.m.) as Sweden are capable of both offensive output and defensive collapses. Plus Russia look far from watertight at the back. Russia won the last meeting between the two, which was back in Euro 2016 qualification, following a draw between them in Sweden. Russia are undefeated in four against Sweden (W2 D2).
Sweden News and Form
Sweden needs to come up with a response in this one after a shock 2-3 home loss against Turkey in their opening match of the group. That was a strange one from Sweden as they had been firm favourites to win that fixture. They had lost a friendly against Austria before that and so they are now on a three-match losing streak with only a W2 L4 record in their last six played. So they are just in a little bit of a slump at the moment and heading out on the road, this is a difficult game.
Sweden are just a bit hit and miss in terms of goals output. The goals they got against Turkey, two goals which put them 2-0 up in the game just after halftime, came after they had failed to score in back to back defeats against England and Austria prior to that game. The defensive collapse they suffered at the end of that game will have been a heavy blow to their confidence. Still, regardless of the outcome, we are going to look at both teams to score at even money* (Betting Odds were taken from October 8th, 2018 at 3:54 p.m.).
Who will win – Russia v Sweden Predictions
Russia actually appears to be the more consistent of the two at the moment and because of that, we are rolling with the home win in Russia v Sweden predictions. The option of both teams to score looks a pretty solid wager too.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Russia, Russia UEFA Nations League, Russia v Sweden, Sweden, Sweden UEFA Nations League, UEFA Nations League, UEFA Nations League odds