Russia v Scotland Prediction & Betting Tips, 10th October 20199th October 2019 / lee
Russia v Scotland Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 10th October 7.45pm
Scotland’s chances of qualifying automatically for Euro 2020 will be slammed shut if they don’t win this game on Thursday. They are trailing second-placed Russia by nine points in the group and so, more likely than not, the Scots are going to have to go and try to take advantage of their play-off spot earned from winning their Nations League group. Read our Russia v Scotland betting tips for more.
Russia v Scotland Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 9th, 2019 at 3:20 p.m.)
Russia News and Form
Russia have won five of their six group stage games so far and are well on the path to Euro 2020. Their only defeat in the group happened against leaders Belgium. The goals have been flying in from Russia as well, as they have tallied 18 goals in their 6 fixtures, but nine of those were scored in one big home success over San Marino.
Russia won their other two home games against Cyprus and Kazakhstan by a 1-0 scoreline. Russia have won their last five home European Championship qualifiers, without conceding a single goal in that sequence. They have taken a clean sheet in six of their last eight home qualifiers. So this is certainly no easy game for Scotland.
Russia v Scotland Head to Head
Russia took a 2-1 win in the first group meeting
Scotland are W0 D2 L1 in the overall head to head with Russia
The one previous meeting in Russia ended in a 0-0 draw in 1995
Two of the three previous meetings have ended under 2.5 goals
Scotland News and Form
Even a win in this fixture for Scotland, which would close the gap on Russia to six points, would leave them with a lot of work to do. They would only have easier group games to get through following that though. A loss on Thursday and there is no direct route for Scotland to next summer’s finals. In their last three qualifiers, they have lost their two games against Belgium and the one against Russia.
The Scots conceded a total of nine goals in those three games. It was their 3-0 loss at Kazakhstan in their opening qualification games which really did a lot of damage. While qualification was still going to be massively difficult with Russia and Belgium in the group, they would have been in closer touch had they beaten Kazakhstan. Scotland have conceded at least two goals in four of their last six games. They have only claimed two wins in their last eight away European Championship qualifiers.
Russia v Scotland Tips & Odds
Who will win – Russia v Scotland Predictions
Russia are the better of the two sides and can go and get themselves a victory in the match. Scotland haven’t been up to par and their defence has been a bit shambolic at times. Russia to win to nil looks like a solid proposition.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Crystal Palace v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Tottenham v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leicester v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
Tags: Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds, Russia, Russia Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Russia v Scotland, Scotland, Scotland Euro 2020 Qualifiers