Rovaniemi v Aberdeen Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th July 201916th July 2019 / lee
Rovaniemi v Aberdeen Europa League Preview, 18th July 5.00pm
Aberdeen still have a little bit of work to do in this Europa League first qualifying round tie. They collected only a 2-1 home win over their Finnish opponents in the first leg. So how costly will that away goal conceded end up being as they head out on the road for a tricky second leg? Read our Rovaniemi v Aberdeen betting tips for more.
Rovaniemi v Aberdeen Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on July 15th, 2019 at 7:16 p.m.)
Rovaniemi News and Form
The football calendar year is a little different in Finland and the new season for Rovaniemi started back in April. So they are not going to have any issues over match sharpness. None of that accounts for form though and they have very little of that. They have only won four games all season across all competitions from sixteen played (D3 L9). So it’s not exactly a side that Aberdeen should be fearing. RoPS have never made it past the second qualifying round of the Europa League. In 2016 they did make it past the first qualifying round with an aggregate win over Shamrock Rovers. RoPS have only one of their last five European ties.
Rovaniemi v Aberdeen Head to Head
The first leg of this tie was the first meeting between the two sides
Aberdeen News and Form
Goals from Niall McGinn and Sam Cosgrove put Aberdeen in a comfortable position of being 2-0 up in the first leg of this tie at Pittodrie. However, they conceded in the third minute of stoppage time, shipping an away goal that they hope won’t be too costly. Ahead of that game boss Derek McInnes had agreed to a new deal with the club. Only two of the summer signings that the club have made were on show in that first leg, those being John Gallgahger and Ryan Hedges. Realistically Aberdeen should have been out of sight but they were prevented from pulling off a rout by RoPS keeper Reuguero who had a great game. Just as a slight concern, they have lost their last two away games in Europe (both by a two-goal margin) and four of their last six.
Rovaniemi v Aberdeen Tips & Odds
Who will win – Rovaniemi v Aberdeen Predictions
The Dons should have had this tie in the bag already from that first leg. While the scoreline doesn’t look brilliant, the performance of Aberdeen was encouraging and they shouldn’t be in too much danger. They will get more chances. Aberdeen to win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Fulham v Millwall Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Preston v Stoke Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- QPR v Swansea Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- West Brom v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Charlton v Nottingham Forest Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Leeds v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Cardiff v Huddersfield Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Celtic v AIK Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd August 2019
- Legia Warsaw v Rangers Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd August 2019
Tags: Aberdeen, Aberdeen Europa League, Europa League, Europa League odds, Rovaniemi, Rovaniemi Europa League, Rovaniemi v Aberdeen