Rotherham v Sheffield Wednesday Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th August 201927th August 2019 / lee
Rotherham v Sheffield Wednesday EFL Cup Preview, 28th August 7.45pm
League One side Rotherham will be hoping to make the most of home advantage at the New York Stadium as they play host to Championship side Sheffield Wednesday. It could be an interesting tie as well with the visiting Owls not being in particularly hot form. Read our Rotherham v Sheffield Wednesday betting tips for more.
Rotherham v Sheffield Wednesday Betting Odds*
Sheff Weds 31/20
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 29th, 2019 at 6:35 p.m.)
Rotherham News and Form
League One side Rotherham have won two of their three league games played so far in this campaign (L1). Those were both one-goal margin wins out on the road. In their one home game this season they lost against Lincoln. Their EFL cup campaign started out on the road when they paid a visit to Shrewsbury. The Millers collected a 4-0 victory to set up this tie.
Last season Rotherham reached this second round stage where they lost to Everton. Rotherham have alternated between a win and a loss in each of their last five League Cup games. Their home form in the competition isn’t all that bad really has they have won five of their last seven fixtures at the New York Stadium in the cup. They did beat Championship opposition in the form of Wigan last season.
Sheffield Wednesday News and Form
Sheffield Wednesday came up with a strong start to their new Championship season, as they won their first two games. It is just falling apart a little bit for them as they have now lost two of their last three (W1). Interestingly both of those defeats were out on the road. The Owls are not carrying particularly great away form in the competition as they have lost four of their last six fixtures.
Their EFL Cup campaign last season ended in the third round when they were beaten by Premier League side Wolves. The away form of Sheffield Wednesday in the League Cup may not instil great confidence in their fans as the Owls have lost five of their last eight competition fixtures on the road.
Rotherham v Sheffield Wednesday Tips & Odds
Who will win – Rotherham v Sheffield Wednesday Predictions
This could be a pretty tight contest with Sheffield Wednesday having had some struggles in recent seasons away from home in this competition. Because of that, it may just be worth a flutter on the Millers coming up with something. Rotherham to win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: EFL Cup, EFL Cup odds, Rotherham, Rotherham EFL Cup, Rotherham v Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield Wednesday EFL Cup