Roma v Porto Prediction & Betting Tips, 12th February 201911th February 2019 / lee
Roma v Porto Champions League Preview, 12th February 8.00pm
The interesting thing about this round of sixteen clash in the UEFA Champions League is that Porto have never lost against Italian side Roma. In fact, the Portuguese side won impressively on their last visit to the Stadio Olimpico. Read our Roma v Porto betting tips for more.
Roma v Porto Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 10th, 2019 at 7:23 p.m.)
Roma News and Form
Roma finished second in their group in the Champions League this season. They took a W3 L3 record from their fixtures, the Italians finishing three points behind Real Madrid. Against Real Madrid, Roma suffered 3-0 and 2-0 defeats. The other defeat which they suffered in the group stage was on matchday six against Viktoria Plzen which means that the Italians have lost back to back games in the competition.
Roma were semi-finalists last season where they were beaten by Liverpool. Roma has returned a W3 L3 record in their previous round of sixteen ties in the Champions League. Last season at this stage they beat Shakhtar Donetsk, their second leg win in that tie snapping a five-match losing streak they were on round of sixteen matches. From six previous knockout ties against Portuguese sides, Roma are W3 L3. Their overall record against Portuguese teams is W5 D4 L2. Roma have won eight of their last 16 home matches in the UEFA Champions League (including qualifying).
Roma v Porto Head to Head
There have been four previous matches between them
Porto hold a W2 D2 record against Roma
Porto won 3-0 on their last visit to the Stadio Olimpico
Porto News and Form
It was at this stage last season that Porto were knocked out of the Champions League. They were beaten 5-0 on aggregate by Liverpool. Proto have only managed the one win in their last five ties. They are back at this stage for the third season on the bounce now but have failed to get to the quarterfinals since the 2014/15 season. So it’s not been great from them at this stage of the competition, but they have a W5 L4 record in two-legged ties against Italian sides in Europe.
Porto knocked out Roma in the 1981/82 European Cup Winners’ Cup. The next time they met them they picked up a 4-1 aggregate win over the Italians in the 2016/17 Champions League playoffs. Currently, Porto are on a five-match unbeaten streak of form in the Champions League away from home (W2 D3). They have actually won only three of their last nine games on the road in Europe (D4 L2). They did produce some fantastic form in the group stage, winning their last five games in a row to finish top of their pile. With their sixteen points collected in their group stage games, Porto earned more points than any other team.
Roma v Porto Tips & Odds
Who will win – Roma v Porto Predictions
There is a bit of a temptation to have a look at Porto coming up with something in this one. They did really well in the group stage and may not be particularly phased by this trip to Rome. The +0.50 Asian Handicap on the visitors appeals which sees a payout as a win if they draw.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Doncaster v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Swansea v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Blackburn v Middlesbrough Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Bristol City v Wolves Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Chelsea v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Wigan Warriors v Sydney Roosters Winner Odds & Preview
- Sheffield United v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
- Brighton v Derby Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
- Aston Villa v West Brom Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
Tags: Champions League, Champions League odds, Porto, Porto Champions League, Roma, Roma Champions League, Roma v Porto