Rennes v Celtic Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 201917th September 2019 / lee
Rennes v Celtic Europa League Preview, 19th September 5.55pm
Celtic have themselves a trip to France to open their Europa League campaign with. They have ended up back in the competition after another failed attempt at Champions League qualification. Will they be able to get themselves a good away win? Both teams reached the knockout stage of last season’s competition. Read our Rennes v Celtic betting tips for more.
Rennes v Celtic Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 15th, 2019 at 11:30 p.m.)
Rennes News and Form
Rennes are back in the Europa League having pulled off a shock win over PSG in the French Cup final last season. It was a penalty shoot-out win which they took to lift the cup. In last season’s Europa League they made it through the group stage (having qualified directly) with a second-place finish. They took out Real Betis in the round of 32 but were stopped by Arsenal in the following round.
This is just their third Europa League group stage appearance They have only suffered one defeat in their last 14 home games in the UEFA Cup/Europa League (W7 D6). The Brittany club have never beaten a Scottish club having picked up a D2 L2 record in their four previous attempts. Rennes are sitting in second place in this season’s French top flight.
Rennes v Celtic Head to Head
Celtic met Rennes in the 2011 Europa League group stage
There was a 1-1 draw between them in France
Celtic then took a 3-1 home win
Celtic News and Form
Celtic have claimed only five wins from their previous 16 games against French opposition. The two most recent encounters went badly as they lost 5-0 and 7-1 against PSG in the 2017/18 Champions League. They have taken just one previous win in France. After winning the double in Scotland for the third straight season, Celtic went to the Champions League qualifiers. They failed to qualify for the main draw, losing out in the third round of Cluj.
Celtic won their Europa League playoff round tie against AIK easy to reach the group stage of the competition for the sixth time. In last season’s Europa League, Celtic lost five games in the competition. They had failed to win out on the road in the competition before their 1-0 success at Rosenborg in last season’s group stage. They are W1 D8 L9 in their overall away matches in the competition proper.
Rennes v Celtic Tips & Odds
Who will win – Rennes v Celtic Predictions
Celtic have poor away form in the Europa League and this is not going to be an easy trip to France for them. It is probably just worth resting with the home win as the outcome for a betting angle.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Lille v Valencia Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2019
- Slavia Prague v Barcelona Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2019
- QPR v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd October 2019
- Benfica v Lyon Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2019
- RB Leipzig v Zenit St Petersburg Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2019
- Genk v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2019
- Ajax v Chelsea Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2019
- Club Brugge v PSG Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd October 2019
- Salzburg v Napoli Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2019
Tags: Celtic, Celtic europa league, Europa League, Europa League odds, Rennes, Rennes Europa League, Rennes v Celtic