Red Star v Olympiakos Prediction & Betting Tips, 1st October 201930th September 2019 / lee
Red Star v Olympiakos Champions League Preview, 1st October 8.00pm
Red Star suffered a heavy loss against Bayern Munich in the opening round of action. So that leaves them with the ground to make up in a very difficult group. Olympiakos will go into the game will confidence high after fighting back to take a point against Tottenham in their opening group stage game. Read our Red Star v Olympiakos betting tips for more.
Red Star v Olympiakos Betting Odds*
Red Star 21/10
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 28th, 2019 at 1:17 p.m.)
Red Star News and Form
Red Star needs to dig deep in this one after a 3-0 loss at Bayern Munich on matchday one. They have a big positive in that they have won all five previous home games against Greek opposition. In last season’s group stage Red Star finished bottom of their group, but they collected a home win over Liverpool on matchday four and held Napoli to a 0-0 draw in Belgrade. They started this campaign right back in the first qualifying round.
They came through some tight scrapes in their qualification campaign too. It has been only three wins in their last 17 European games (D8 L6) but their home form isn’t too bad. They have suffered just one of their last 13 home defeats in Belgrade (W6 D6) and that was a round of sixteen 4-1 defeat by the visiting PSG last season. Looking further back, Red Star have lost just two of their last 20 European home games including qualifying. Can they hold out against Olympiakos?
Red Star v Olympiakos Head to Head
Red Star Belgrade and Olympiakos have not met before
Olympiakos News and Form
The Greek side will have been delighted with their matchday one result. They were 2-0 down against Tottenham in the first half, before cutting that deficit in half just before the break. Olympiakos went on to tie up the game. In the 2017/18 Group Stage which is when they made their last appearance before this one, they managed just one point from their six games. Last season they were eliminated in the Europa League play-off round.
They started this campaign in the second q round and have remained undefeated in Europe this season with a W6 D1 record now. The goals against Spurs were the first ones that they have conceded in Europe this season as well. Olympiakos are undefeated in their last three European away games, winning two of those. But in the group stage proper they have lost each of their last four on the road and eight of their last ten (W2). Their most recent trip to Belgrade was in the 2017/18 when they faced Partizan and won 3-1.
Red Star v Olympiakos Tips & Odds
Who will win – Red Star v Olympiakos Predictions
This is probably going to be a low scoring game. Red Star may have difficulty figuring out a way to break an Olympiakos side who look fairly organized at the back and who will be happy to dig in. The Greeks may then be able to sucker-punch them. Away win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Crystal Palace v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Tottenham v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leicester v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
Tags: Champions League, Champions League odds, Olympiakos, Olympiakos Champions League, Red Star, Red Star Champions League, Red Star v Olympiakos